my first beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin88

Reaction score
Here it is my first beer brewed I opened a couple at only 4-5 days in the bottle but its at 2 weeks now and its even better. Lol its a brewers best ipa extract kit

ForumRunner_20120225_084630.jpg

It's good now when I opened it early there was a like a sweet tea taste at the beginning then then really hoppy. But now its blended together between the sweetness and hops

That was my first kit too! Great one to start with, a lot of people were impressed by that beer.

I have this same kit and I'm curious if you could compare the hippiness of the beer to another popular beer. I'm looking at altering the kit to increase the bitterness.

Your comparison would be greatly appreciated.

The bitterness is up there I think it like 70 something ibu. I'd compare it to a dig by new Belgium. But dig is hoppy at the end and the one I brewed the hops are spread out through the whole taste. That's how I would describe it hope it helps?

Thanks for the comparison. I've never had dig but I'll have to try it to see what it's all about.

When it was still fairly young (but carbonated and conditioned well) I could kind of compare to Bells' Two Hearted.

Looks great dude! I'm only on batch #3 but my first one was a Brewers Best European Bock. It tastes great! Dont know about you, but Im totally hooked on this obsessive passtime.

Back