My first beer back from Haiti

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What was my first beer back from Haiti?

• Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

• Capital Pilsner

• Pliny the Elder

• Fat Tire

• Ale Asylum Hopalicious

• Bell's Two Hearted

• Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout

• Rogue Dead guy Ale

• Stone Smoked Porter

• New Glarus Spotted Cow

Results are only viewable after voting.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I juts got back from 8 days in Haiti last night. I was documenting the work of Wisconsin doctors who have been going there for years on medical missions. Phenomenal country and amazing people.
The local drink there is Prestige, a Pilsner-Vienna cross. Pretty tasty and simply wonderful after a long day of shooting in the sun.

A couple days before I got back I emailed my wife and asked that she get me a x-pack of one specific beer to have waiting cold for me when I got home. Which one was it?

She got you an X-pack? I don't get it, there are no Roman beer choices on the poll....must be a mistake.

I love me a good VI-pack of Avgvstvs The Yovnger.

I thought of saying whether it was a 6-pack or 4-pack but decided that was too much info. So I said x-pack (not X-pack, that would Roman).

Hmmm, I wonder if he put x-pack because some beers *Dogfish Head* come in 4 packs. I voted for the Stone Porter, but now I'm leaning toward the Dogfish.

I can see my BS in Sarcasm is wasted here....sigh...

Oh well, I voted for Pliny. I have no idea what you got, but I've never tried Pliny. So I voted for Pliny. Pliny.

I voted for Two Hearted because I know I would be in the mood for a nice hoppy beer after a week of drinking a pils-type beer, but after looking at the brews in your sig I think you probably went for a malty beer.

Going with Good Old Fat Tire? (only wish it was the orginal Fat Tire before too commerical and went cheap on ingredients.)

Bells ahead by a long shot so far. Keep em coming, I like reading what people think and why. No votes for Hopalicious yet, guess there are not many Madisonians here.

SS Oatmeal Stout. Very different from what you had there, you seem to like dark beers based on your sig, and SS Oatmeal Stout is common/old enough to be considered 'comfort food...er beer'. After being away for a while I can see someone just craving a 'comfort beer'.

Well since you can't get pliny in packs (or at all in WI if my memory serves), and since you're a WI guy, I'm going with New Glarus

Well since you can't get pliny in packs (or at all in WI if my memory serves)...

I was wondering when someone would pick up on that one. Good catch.

My sig seems to be pretty deceiving these days since I am a hop head for sure. I was on a hoppy beer bender for a while and had to switch it up to malty to sort of clear my palette.
After getting home and taking the most wonderful shower ever I was elated to sit down to a delicious glass of 90 min IPA. It was like heaven in a glass and all I could think about during the 12 hours of travel on Sunday (don't tell SWMBO).
:tank:

Back