my fg is at the right level! but...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybmx10

Reaction score
my fg is at the right level! but i have only had my festabrew in my primary for 3 days..... im kind of worried... i tasted it today and it was really good. so i siphoned it into my secondary fermentor. how long should i leave it in my secondary if its already at a fg of 1.014 and it should be between 1.0132 - 1.0144? what should i do?

That is about right. Now just let your yeast clean up for a few weeks and bottle. You may see the final gravity come down a little in the mean time.

thanks! i think i will let it sit for another 10-14 days... it was already suprisinly not that cloudy and it had a nice smell and wasnt bad tasting!

Test it again at the 14 day mark to see if it's at a stable FG & settling out clear or slightly misty before packaging.

One thing to think about for the future:
Yes, you were at FG after only 3 days, but the yeast were not finished. They had most likely consumed most of the easy stuff-the simple sugars, but still had the more complex sugars and byproducts to work on. And you removed the majority of the yeast by racking. Would be a good idea in the future to just leave her alone for at least one week before even checking. The yeast will thank you by giving you better beer.

No need to give it two weeks unless you want to. I'd check it in 5 and bottle if everything is okay

Latest posts

Back