My Fermentation Fridge Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayB68

Reaction score
As a way of saying hello to every one, I though I would share my ferm-a-fridge project that I completed about a year ago. Hope you like it.

First step was to install the yellow 110V receptacles onto the ends of the power cords for the heat and cool circuits. Then install the box coupler, cord outlets and on/off switch.

My old fridge is a Sears Kenmore brand. I was able to find complete drawings, schematics and parts list on the Sears web site. So I was 99% sure there were no cooling lines running through the side of the fridge. Just to be safe, I drilled a couple small pilot holes first. I drilled the pilot holes from the inside to locate them exactly where I wanted then drilled the larger holes from the outside.

I got lucky hanging the paint can. The fridge light assembly had a notch in it so I could loop the paint can handle through it and hang the can directly in the center of the fridge toward the back.

For testing, I used a couple of lamps. White light is cool, black is heat. I used a glass of ice water to simulate chamber temp and watched it cycle heat/cool modes.

IMG_0785.JPG

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

image99.jpg

image.jpg

image97.jpg

image96.jpg

IMG_0844.JPG

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

With ~100 pounds on that shelf you're much braver than me ;)

I'd add a small dc fan to keep the air stirred up, especially with the paint can hanging at the top...

Cheers!

Yeah, a small fan is probably a good idea.

Believe it or not, I've had 5 full kegs on that shelf and it's never been a problem.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back