My Electric build-thanks all who have posted their builds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckdogs

Reaction score
Thank you all for posting you builds and pictures of them they have been a lot of help in my build and Special thanks to P-J (the man:mug:) for suppling the schematic without all of you I would still be brewing with Propane...and for all of you that are brewing with propane and still on the fence about going electric..I say go for it:rockin:!! You will never regret it:rockin:. Basically it's the deference between brewing with a Jet in your brew area and standing in the laundry room with a dryer running. We...the group I brew with made the inaugural brew this weekend using a Tall Blonde clone found here on HBT. boil started out as 32 gallons . My system has a 60 gallon MT 60 gallon BK and a 20 gallon HLT(soon to be replaced once I find a larger kettle) We mashed 54 lbs of grain for an hour suturing every 15 minutes (with a .38 crush from my Crankinstine mill). We have the ability to do a fly Sarge but thought that we would try a batch sparge this time to see the difference. Mashout we let the MT run dry using gravity and the sparge pump to pull the rest from the MT to the bk, we then moved 6.5 gallons to the MT from the HLT, stirred the mash and recirculated until it was clear then ran off again to the BK again moved the remaining water from the HLT to the MT stirred and recirculated until clear then began our run off aided by the sparge pump. We started the BK elements about 1/2 way threw the last run off and began heating for the boil. It took about 15 minutes to acheive a nice roiling boil at that point I cut the power back to about 60% on the Abner pid, Our OG was supposed to be around 1.05 ish we wound up with a 1.07:ban: I believe most of this was due to the fact that the electric elements were basically silent. Well enoph with the explanation here's some pic's of the build...again thank you all that have posted and P-J for the Schematic!!

DCP_2565.jpg

DCP_2569.jpg

DCP_2570.jpg

DCP_2574.jpg

DCP_2583.jpg

I forgot to mention that I installed a 60 amp breaker in my main panel and a 60 amp GFI to run the system

DCP_2583.jpg

DCP_2584.jpg

DCP_2576.jpg

Awesome. Let us know how the beer turns out. You must have been 95% efficient to hit 1.07!

We were surprised and kind of wished we hadn't changed the crush on the grain, the way we sparged and the mixing all at once to see what the effect would have been individually. It all seemed to work out well after a few more bathes we will see if it was a fluke or what:) As for the wart it's fermenting like it's full of angry yeast.

Back