My DIY brew stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthCaitSith

Reaction score
Used a shelving unit from costco. Then a bunch of angle iron to mount the pots and burners. I need to get another regulator and propane for the other burner still.
I'm not sure how far away from the pots to mount the burners, I'll try out a couple distances and see how well they heat the water.

The HLT is a 8 gal SS pot that came with a turkey fryer, the MLT is a 48qt cooler with slotted copper manifold for a false bottom. The boil kettle is 15 gal SS.

Someday I might put it on wheels.

brewempty.jpg

brew.jpg

Looks great. The shelving setup is a great idea, and I love the erector set feel it's got .

I think you'll want to raise your burners an inch or so. Mine seem to work best when the flame touches the bottom and spreads out a little.

Looks good. I just started to put one together using the same Costco frame which is perfect in that it is readily adjustable.
I have found that the compressed wood shelves do however self destruct in the presence of any water on their edges. I have removed all of them like you, although I see you have one supporting the Propane.

Awesome! This is the exact same setup I was thinking about doing, but will use a 6 foot wide shelf so I can put all three kettles on the same level. Great job!

Methinks you'll want to raise the burner and move the cooler. Other than that it looks good!

I did something similar. I got the dolly from a scrap yard and put an erector shelving unit on top of it. I've brewed on it twice and love it. Best part if you need space in the garage, you can always tear it down...then again why would you ever do such a thing!

-21.jpg

That's great! Those shelves are rated up to a decent poundage, I've got a few I use to hold all my beer as it's fermenting. I always have to make sure if it's been moved at all that I whack the support arms down a bit. I've had them wiggle out a bit (it's never actually fallen apart though)

I did something similar. I got the dolly from a scrap yard and put an erector shelving unit on top of it. I've brewed on it twice and love it. Best part if you need space in the garage, you can always tear it down...then again why would you ever do such a thing!

I like this idea. On casters, simple...Good job sir!

Back