My dad brews, too ~

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TasunkaWitko

Reaction score
I consider myself lucky in that my dad is still with us; he turned 70 this year and has become my inspiration where a lot of things are concerned.

Anyway, he also brews beer, and brews it pretty well; I've decided to start this thread so that I can post about his brewing.

To start off, here is an American Cream Ale that he brewed, using a pre-packaged all-grain mix from www.hophero.com that I got for him for Christmas:

OI2TGyN.jpg

It turned out very well, and had a lot of great flavour.

More as it happens, etc. &c....

Ron

That's great to hear. My father turns 60 this year and, although he does not brew himself, he enjoys any beer I make. He's into craft beer since I started brewing.

Cheers! And do post the beers he brews.

My dad had quit drinking before I started brewing. My brother and I brew together though, and my son and daughter help me when I bottle.

Keep it up! Brew with him often and keep pics/records of each session. They will be treasured later.

My son was 1 when I was starting this hobby!

Last edited:
My dad quit drinking almost 30 years ago, and it still bothers him pretty bad. I don't even talk about alcohol in his presence.

I tried to get my father in law and brother in law to join me when I started, but they declined. They both enjoy the fruits of my labor though.

I was able to get a very close friend to join me when I started, but somehow I have done 22 batches, and they've only done the one.

Keep enjoying the time together. You can never remake those moments.

I used to help my dad brew when i was a kid. He stopped brewing about 13 years ago. When i started to get into it myself he graciously handed down all of his equipment. My mom was happy to see it go. I have since upgraded many things but kept a few things for sentimental value. He comes around now and again to watch the brewing and enjoying my stuff. Got him from german beers to drinkin ipas,sours and saisons regularly.

That's great to hear. My father turns 60 this year and, although he does not brew himself, he enjoys any beer I make. He's into craft beer since I started brewing.

Cheers! And do post the beers he brews.

+1 on this. My dad enjoys trying every beer I make and has started exploring more beer styles since I started the hobby. He does want to participate in a brew day. We just haven’t synced up schedules since he spends a lot of time in FL now that he is retired. Gotta get that to happen soon. You just never know...

Back