My beer has Swine Flu!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runyanka

Reaction score
Just kidding!!!
Seeing that everyone in the world is talking about this stuff I figured I would drop it in here as well :cross:

I made Apfelwein this weekend with two of my friends who just got back from the Chochella Music Festival in Indio, California. Im all freaked out that the Cider got swine flu... funny Im not so concerned about my own health.

lol. (None of them are sick and this is like 2 weeks since being back... I think the cider/me is safe.)

viruses are pretty fragile outside a host. most will not survive an hour on an exposed surface. your apfelwein is fine.

speaking of which, i've had too much apfelwein tonight. time for bedd..................:drunk:

viruses are pretty fragile outside a host. most will not survive an hour on an exposed surface. your apfelwein is fine.

speaking of which, i've had too much apfelwein tonight. time for bedd..................:drunk:

You must have, it's actually up to 48 (even 72) hours days for virus survival :) I think the flu is more in the up to 8 hour range. But still, there is no need to worry about catching the swine flu.

Just remember:
DontPanic.jpg

Just kidding!!!
Seeing that everyone in the world is talking about this stuff I figured I would drop it in here as well :cross:

Don't you mean 2009 H1N1. There is no such thing as Swine Flu. God I love politics.

Typical Governmental attitude, "Change the name and it won't be as bad."

Kinda like, "Income Tax = Governmental Blackmail"

Crap! Just had a beer from my party pig, totally got the swine flu :( PANIC! PANIC!

Typical Governmental attitude, "Change the name and it won't be as bad."

Amazingly, after lurking for a while, this is the tiopic that draws me out to my first post. I just finished the label for the IPA I am going to bottle on saturday.

3490072555_dec6197990.jpg

Great minds think alike, eh?

(And if I heard correctly, it was US Pork Industry Lobbyist that asked the White House to stop calling the strain in question "Swine Flu")

By the way, the info that I have found on this sight already has been priceless. Thank you all in advance!:rockin:

Amazingly, after lurking for a while, this is the tiopic that draws me out to my first post. I just finished the label for the IPA I am going to bottle on saturday.

3490072555_dec6197990.jpg

Great minds think alike, eh?

(And if I heard correctly, it was US Pork Industry Lobbyist that asked the White House to stop calling the strain in question "Swine Flu")

By the way, the info that I have found on this sight already has been priceless. Thank you all in advance!:rockin:

Hehe, yeah.

The saddest part about this was that they changed the name because the "sheeple" were convinced that you could catch it by eating pork!!! :drunk:

Here's proof its not a new thing...
[ame]http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1909508[/ame]
:ban:

Just kidding!!!

Stop calling it Swine Flu! It is "H1N1 Human Influenza!"

the term "Swine Flu" is dramatically hurting the pork producers in this country. Many countries will not accept pork from states with reported cases (even though H1N1 Human Influenza cannot be spread by eating pork)

I just figure that there are natural ways to battle these things, so my motto has become "You gotta eat it, to beat it!" So this week it's been nothing but bacon, sausage, ham, and pork chops everyday!

Actually the World Health Organization (WHO) decided to change the name for several reasons, the biggest one being that at least one country ordered all pigs to be slaughtered in fear of catching the swine flu from them. The WHO is an agency of the UN that's based in switzerland, so if the US pork lobbyists were complaining about it they would join the muslims and jews who were also offended that it was called the swine flu.

US pork lobbyist sounds like something you would find in a political cartoon :p

I actually live right on the Mexican border and Mexico has closed everything down except for supermarkets and hospitals so many of my co-workers are going to have a very boring weekend.

Latest posts

Back