My 2nd AG Keg Just Kicked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesmartin

Reaction score
my 1st ag was good (black ipa). the second (falconer's citra ipa) was fantastic...and the keg just kicked. a very sad moment.

two things that took my brews from good to great
1-extract to ag
2-temp regulated fermentation (Johnson and an old fridge)

just posting to say that I just had my ipa keg kick and it is a bit of a sad moment.
I have an American wheat ag keg waiting, but this ipa was really good.
Thank you to all of you more educated others who have encouraged me to make these moves. Your wisdom is much appreciated. This brewing hobby is too rewarding (if that is possible).

If you are questioning, move from extract to ag. The difference is HUGE.

Appreciate the comments! I'm going from Extract to AG this weekend for the first time...was just pumped carrying out big bag of grains from the store today...plan on monitoring temps way closer (just finished making my STC1000 temp controller) and doing a starter for the first time also. Only 6 months in and I'm completely hooked

I completely agree, extract to AG is a big jump in quality, as well as fermentation control. I noticed a big jump in consistancy and overall clean flavor of my beers with those two improvements. I also feel that since I started using pure O2 with a stone my FG has dropped 2 points on most my beers, which has also helped with a clean finish. The other upgrade that has made a big difference is getting a second fridge (other than my 2 tap kegerator in my kitchen) that has allowed me to crash cool before kegging and then cold condition kegs for awhile before they go on tap. I'm constantly amazed how good homebrewed beer is, why would I drink anything else?

Back