Muskoka Cream Ale clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattdee1

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody familiar with this beer? It's getting to be a favorite of mine and I'd like to make something like it.

I'm not experienced enough yet to reverse engineer beers, but I don't think this recipe would be very complicated. A bunch of 2-row (maybe Maris Otter?), maybe a touch of Vienna, then some crystal 60, with a "crisp" yeast like S-05 or Nottingham. Mostly bittering additions for hops, lowish IBU.

I didn't look too hard, but I was surprised to see that a quick Google search turned up no results for this. I'd be interested to hear from anybody who has something that would make a good starting point so it takes me fewer iterations to dial it in.

That recipe linked above should get you close.

Muskoka's cream ale shouldn't be too hard to copy because it is drier and more pale ale-like than other cream ales. Indeed, one of the stand out features are the hops.

I think they use something else at least in addition to cascade though. Maybe centennial?

Latest posts

Back