muliple batches in one conical fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke7e

Reaction score
So my question is this... I have a 50L Braumeister Electric Brewing system and a 14 gallon fermenter. When and if I want to do larger fermentations can I do multiple brewings in the Braumeister in one day and ferment them all at once in a larger conical fermenter?

It sounds theoretically possible, but do you really want to ferment more than 14 gallons at once? I mean, that's a lot of beer already.

Lots of commercial brewers brew multiple times to fill up a single fermentor. If you do it on back-to-back days, you can even get away with pitching less yeast, since when you add the second batch in, the yeast will already have had time to grow.

I have a keggle that will allow me to brew about 40 litres. Any more and we get a bit to close to the top. However I am able to do a 48 litre batch by adding about 11 litres of filtered and chilled water after the boil. This leaves the wort above pasteurization temperatures but gets my volume to what will fit in a Sanke and well on the way to chilling.

You just have to do your calculations to take into account the added makeup water. As a benefit you can adjust the exact amount of water to hit a specific gravity exactly.

Tom

Back