Mt. Whitney XPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scriv

Reaction score
Anyone here familiar with Tioga Sequoia beers? They make a Mt. Whitney XPA that I really enjoy and would like to clone. Thing is I'm very new to recipe building and I'm not sure how to pick out malts and hops based on flavor yet. If anyone's tried this beer and can point me in the right direction as far as a recipe I'd greatly appreciate it.

I can see Mt. Whitney from my front yard, yet I've never heard of this Mt. Whitney Xpa... They must be on the west side of the Sequoias...

They replied to my request, and while they cannot provide specifics they gave me enough to work with, I'll have to do multiple experimental brews but that's half the fun!

Mt Whitney XPA is made up of about 80% two row and Pilsner malts with the rest being a combination of Munich,Wheat and light caramel malt. The hop profile is Cascade up front with CTZ (aka Columbus) , Citra and Amarillo at flame out and dry hop.

They replied to my request, and while they cannot provide specifics they gave me enough to work with, I'll have to do multiple experimental brews but that's half the fun!

Mt Whitney XPA is made up of about 80% two row and Pilsner malts with the rest being a combination of Munich,Wheat and light caramel malt. The hop profile is Cascade up front with CTZ (aka Columbus) , Citra and Amarillo at flame out and dry hop.

At least half of the fun. Keep us updated on how it goes. Glad they were able to help you get your feet off of the ground.

Back