MS word - One field the same... Multiple sections with un linked footers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXCrash

Gunshy
Reaction score
Is there a way to have a snippet of text on each and every page - including pages that may be added in the future - in a document which has multiple sections (read - footers change throughout the document)?

Reason: At work I'm working on a document which has multiple appendixes. All pages need to have a creation (of document) and revision date. I'd like to be able to go to the front page, edit the "revision date" and be done.

Solutions?

Try an MS word help search for "section break". That allows you to have different headers/footers in each section that you create. That might solve your problem.

And since you're working on a paper for work, it's "appendices". :D

Mensch, I've done the section breaks. That's why the "revised" date wont update document wide. The different footers is the root of the problem I'm asking about.

And I'm pretty sure I have "appendices" in the document. Guess I better check that in the AM.

I have section breaks in there. Problem is, it's an all or nothing thing.

I want the footer to read : Company name, document title, page (in the appendices it's appendix A-1, etc.), created date, revised date.

If I change revised date anywhere in the document I want the field to update document wide. With section breaks, however, only the section I'm in will update.

*Edit: I've been drinking. My appologies if this reads worse than my average post...

Latest posts

Back