mr.beer EXPLOSION!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redstar89

Reaction score
SO I STARTED DOING A MR.BEER KIT IN THE MR.BEER KEG THAT I PREVIOUSLY DID WINE IN!. YEP GET CLEANED WITH THE PACK IT COMES WITH. ANY WHO GET UP THIS MORNING AND IS IS FERMENTING SO CRAZY FOAM IS COMING OUT THE TOP! IS THIS WINE YEAST IN THE MIX! OR ARE THESE NEW MR.BEER KITS RLY JUST THAT GOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!:rockin: **** YEAH

Whoa...that is some aggressive fermentation! If you cleaned the LBK well, I cant believe there is wine yeast still left in there.

oh **** i forgot to set teh one step set for 10 minuets it only sat for like 3! if that OMG guys! do u think iv created wine beer! no my Oktoberfest is ruined!!!!

did you actually clean the LBK before sanitizing it? If so, I wouldnt think there would be any yeast left from a wine. I dont think your beer is ruined either. RDWHAHB!

Calm down and deactivate the caps key. You probably just had an active fermentation and maybe had a bit more than 2 gallons in there.

Spray some Star-San around the lid. Wipe off any gunk that came out of the lid. Unscrew lid. Cover with sanitized foil. Rinse lid. Spray lid with Star-San and get the lid back on the LBK as soon as possible.

Don't worry about it. Two weeks ago did an American Porter Mr. Beer kit. It was crazy. Within the first day it was foaming and coming out of the keg and got all over the floor in my closet. I had never seen a Mr. Beer kit ferment so actively.

My buddy had a Mr Beer Explosion as you call it. But we put a pound of DME in with the HME and some of the booster then pitched an entire packet of US-05 in there. Yeah it was a mess but actually made really good beer

SO I STARTED DOING A MR.BEER KIT IN THE MR.BEER KEG THAT I PREVIOUSLY DID WINE IN!. YEP GET CLEANED WITH THE PACK IT COMES WITH. ANY WHO GET UP THIS MORNING AND IS IS FERMENTING SO CRAZY FOAM IS COMING OUT THE TOP! IS THIS WINE YEAST IN THE MIX! OR ARE THESE NEW MR.BEER KITS RLY JUST THAT GOOOOODDD!!!!!!!!:rockin: **** YEAH

Sounds CRAZY!!!! However.....

ThisThreadIsWorthless.jpg

Back