Mr beer clones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfmanbrad

Reaction score
I just brewed my first non mr beer batch. I'm happy to not be cheating anymore. I made a tremendous honey blueberry ale that I'd like to try for real this time. Any ideas where I can get the recipes for the mr beer hopped and unhopped extracts?

You want recipes for extracts? lol.

Dude, just figure out what kind of beer you want to brew and do a little research. The recipes on here will tell you what hops, extracts, grains, adjuncts, etc.. to use...

Congrats on moving up from Mr. beer. Im not familiar with their recipes but you should be able to find an extract kit for any style you'ld like through any of internet vendors or your LHBS. Theere is a lot of extract recipes on this site as well or you can always convert an all grain recipe to extract with Beersmith or Promash.

Cheers

do a quick search (top right) for a blueberry ale and find something you like. if you want honey flavor, add about .5lb or so honey malt to your steeping grains.

Shaun, I guess you're unaware that mr beer uses pre blended and pre hopped extracts with names like "pilothouse pilsner" therefore I have no idea what the exact breakdown of the recipe was besides what I added. I'd love to be able to do the same one since I like things on the hoppy side and I've had some lame blueberry beers before. Thanks for your inputs.
Brad

That's kind of like asking for the recipe to Campbell's chicken noodle soup. If you really like Campbell's then you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you want to make chicken soup from scratch and expect it to taste just like Campbell's. But even though everyone knows the ingredients to Campbell's are salt, water, noodles, salt, chicken and salt they aren't going to give the exact recipe away or else they wouldn't be able to sell the stuff.

Try downloading QBrew. On another message board (I forget which, but it concentrates on Mr. Beer) somebody put together an add-in that will incorporate the different Mr. Beer HME's and UME's into the ingredient list. That will give you an estimate of the gravities and colors of the different Mr. Beer cans and you can go from there to replace with different grains and extracts. That wont take hops into account, but you can get a basic idea of what style of hops are likely in a Mr. Beer can from their descriptions on the website. Then go from there.

Brad,

I actually began my homebrewing with Mr. Beer. I know all about it. But I also know that formulating your own recipe based on guidance from these forums is NOT hard and will produce better beer than Mr. Beer ever has. I wasn't trying to put you down, but be creative, think outside of the Mr. Beer Keg.

Back