Moving to Arizona within 2 years - What's it like?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad. Some mosquitos starting in July with the rains, and peaking in late August. Higher densities near areas of water/vegetation (which aren't much).

Nothing like the midwest, or presumably, Alaksa.

Yeah, they get pretty bad up here. Last year, we actually had to quit fishing a couple of times even before we really started, the mosquitos and black flies were so bad. My Wife and I had so much bug dope on, our exposed skin looked greasy and within 20 minutes was almost gray with dead and dying insects. She's got some photos I'll have to try to dig up.

I imagine you all have more of flea and tick type of pest.

Well, big changes in plans. My Mother in Law had a stroke last week, so it looks like we are going to be moving closer to Wenden Arizona to help her and my Father in Law out. My Brother in Law, also lives here in AK, has decided to go down with us, so we are going to be a very small caravan moving in July.
I have 52 days until I retire from the State.

I hate moving, I always sayin just going to buy new stuff when I get to the new place, never do though...

Moved from phoenix area back to Chicago suburbs with a big honkin truck and a trailer with my car dragging along..

Still hate moving, next time I'm leaving everything and buying new stuff when I get to the new place...

Yeah, the only stuff coming with us now is our hunting and fishing gear, camping gear and our hobby stuff. We want to ship as little as possible since we are not going to haul anything. It's going to be $1.20/lb to ship from Anchorage to Phoenix. We're looking at about 1000lb, maybe. The heaviest things are some of our books and my reloading stuff. No furniture except an antique rocking chair from my Wife's great grandfather. No dishes except a small camping set.

We've decided since all the kids are grown up and gone, to get rid of nearly everything and start fresh, just the 2 of us. New adventures, new memories!

Back