• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland Moving Sale: everything must go THIS WEEK!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masonsjax

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello HBT family! So here's the story: my SWMBO and I do a lot of volunteer work with our church. With the severe anticipated fallout from Dorian, we have been asked to move to the Bahamas for the next year or longer to help with disaster response and stabilization. We will be leaving Maryland as soon as this weekend to begin working on things, and will fly to the islands as soon as possible.

All this said, I am unloading my entire brewing/distilling setup rather than trying to store it. Since the rules require a posted price, lets just say $2000 will take everything. If you're interested in any of this stuff and can come to Myersville Maryland (21773) sometime this week, reasonable offers will be accepted.

I have a lot to do this week and little time to do it, so I ask that you please be mindful of that fact when you decide to contact me or not. See the attached pics for an idea of what I have available. Please excuse the dust and dirt, I did not have time to clean any of the gear. Thank you for looking!

Here is a quick list of what I have, although this is not exhaustive:

• (1) 4-tap keezer with nitro and 3 Perlick 425SS faucets
  • (1) 20# co2 tank
  • (1) 80cuft nitro tank
  • (2) Micromatic regulators (1 for each tank)
  • (9) PET carboys
  • (10) corny kegs
  • (3) unaltered 15.5 gal sankey kegs (1 new unbranded)
  • (2) sankey keg kettles w 5500w elements and ball valves (one with top intact for distilling)
  • (1) SSVR based 240v brew controller
  • (1) Barley Crusher grain mill
  • (1) Heated stir plate
  • 50 ft and 25 ft copper wort chillers
  • (2) five gallon aluminum kettles
  • (1) ten gallon aluminum kettle with ball valve
  • (2) cooler mash tuns, (48 qt & 72 qt)
  • 3" SS CCVM modular distilling head w/CSST condensers
  • 3" x 30" SS reflux column with glass marble packing
  • Bayou SQ-14 turkey fryer w/2 propane tanks
  • Hop pellets - 6 partially filled mason jars
  • 3 different size scales for weighing ingredients
  • Loads of extras (mason jars, growlers, temp controllers, etc.)

Grain (various bulk quantities):
  • 2-Row
  • Maris Otter
  • Pale Ale Malt
  • Pilsener
  • Golden Promise
  • Rye Malt
  • Wheat Malt
  • Vienna
  • Munich 20
  • Crystal 20
  • Crystal 40
  • Crystal 60
  • Crystal 80
  • Honey Malt
  • CaraRed
  • CaraPils
  • CaraAroma
  • Victory
  • Flaked Oats
  • Special B
  • Chocolate Malt
  • Pale Chocolate Malt
  • Roasted Barley
IMG_20190901_102109.jpg IMG_20190901_102050.jpg IMG_20190901_102029.jpg IMG_20190901_101908.jpg IMG_20190901_101739.jpg IMG_20190901_101620.jpg IMG_20190901_101518.jpg IMG_20190901_101458.jpg IMG_20190901_101431.jpg IMG_20190901_101415.jpg

Last edited:
That’s quite a move your making, and a great thing your doing. If you split it up how much for all the grain?

That’s quite a move your making, and a great thing your doing. If you split it up how much for all the grain?

How many buckets can you fit in your Transam? :D
I don't know exactly how much grain there actually is, but... maybe $200 for all of it? Honestly, getting it gone is far more important to me right now than the cash, although that would be helpful too.

Haha! Well not that many, but I could fit all of them in my Yukon!I’ll PM you in a bit to work this out. Thanks.

Bump
I need this stuff gone so I can leave asap. Please come get it. Pay me what you think is fair.
Here's a couple pics of the column and head.
IMG_20190904_091454.jpg IMG_20190904_091505.jpg

Ok everyone... I'm trying to think of a good way to do this. I will likely be heading to Florida on Friday morning, so I need this stuff gone tomorrow.

Lets just say all items are free to a good home, although I would like to see the gear spread out a little bit if possible.

Maybe someone (you all trust) can volunteer to coordinate a way to make this fair, come get everything and have a drawing for each item, or what have you? All I ask is that no more than 2-3 vehicles do the actual pickup please.

You can PM me if you care to make a donation to support us, I assure you it will go to good use.

All I know is that if this gear is still here tomorrow afternoon, it's going to the landfill, and nobody wants to see that happen!

Note - someone previously made an offer on all of the grain, so that may or may not be still available. Thank you everyone!

Lord I really hope this ends up being a thread fondly remembered and not an utter trainwreck :no:

if this gear is still here tomorrow afternoon, it's going to the landfill
I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that.
Maybe someone can step up as a proxy/agent for you.

You and your wife are the best and bravest! Just stay well and healthy! Remember, one hand for the boat, the other for yourself.

I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that.
Maybe someone can step up as a proxy/agent for you.

You and your wife are the best and bravest! Just stay well and healthy! Remember, one hand for the boat, the other for yourself.

Thanks so much for the kind words.
Guys, you really will need to find someone to coordinate this. I cannot respond to the various PMs, especially those asking me to ship things. Sorry, I really can't.

One update to make. A potential buyer from yesterday came through and will be taking the kegs, keezer, and grain. So sorry for the confusion.

Any volunteers want to come get the rest and distribute as you can? I've met a lot of you through the DC buys and saw you all going out of your way to share the love. Let's see it again here please!

There's also a Bug County solera in one of the 15.5 gal kegs, but I haven't touched it since 2017 (wow!! time flies!). I'll need to dump it unless someone actually wants it and the coordinator is interested in moving a full keg.

I can stop by tomorrow night around 6pm, if that works. I can grab the barley crusher and a carboy or two. I am hoping for a keg or two, in case that deal falls through. Anything else that I can fit in my car, I will be happy to redistribute to the guys from the group buy. I live in Rockville.

I can stop by tomorrow night around 6pm, if that works. I can grab the barley crusher and a carboy or two. I am hoping for a keg or two, in case that deal falls through. Anything else that I can fit in my car, I will be happy to redistribute to the guys from the group buy. I live in Rockville.

Thanks Peter! I will PM you the address, and will try to hold a few kegs for you, and the solera.

If there's one more person that could pick up the rest and redistribute what you don't need, that would be awesome.

What a great deal/guy! If only this was closer to me. Could make a bit of fun out of it. Sell tickets for a drawing and donate to charity, just pay shipping sorta thing.

Hope things are progressing well as you come to a close here and not too many hiccups. And thank you for your generosity. Keep us posted on your travels and be safe!

Back