moving fermentors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benl560

Reaction score
so, swmbo finally kicked me out. a got a place about 10 miles away through town. my question is about my 3 beers fermenting.
1 wizenbier...was going to bottle this weekend
2 black lager...fermented for about 3 weeks, racked to secondary and was going to start lagering this weekend as well
3 iipa...started fermenting a 5 days ago...wicked airlock activity still
will there be any problems moving any of these in my car? any tips on this?
thanks

I would think the moving would be beneficial... Help the yeasties.. Could make a mess in your car though. No sharp turns you could make the yeasties angry and boil over.

Beer is always better with waiting, so no harm there. :)

I would replace the airlocks with stoppers (just for the drive). You could even duct tape them in place to be sure they don't leak. Then find a good way to secure them in your car. I've buckled full carboys into seatbelts before and it's worked well - just pull the seatbelt all the way out first so it locks in place, like you'd do for a child seat.

What's a child seat?

Thank you for posting up this question as I am going to br brewing in the next few days, and the wife and I will be moving into our new house in a few weeks.

Back