Moving CO2 tank outside

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmart84

Reaction score
I am contemplating moving the CO2 tank to outside my keezer so that I can monitor my volume more closely. I would like some ideas on how to seal the hole for which I will need to create to run my gas line through. I want it to look nice so I don’t really want to use caulking. Any thoughts?

I use 1/4" mfl bulkheads to run gas into my fridges and keezer...

bulkhead-jpg.184392

Cheers!

I just have a gas hose going directly through the keezer, no bulkhead, no sealant. I drilled the hole for it very close to the size of the hose and it's a snug fit, so no air gets through. The times that I've moved it, it's been a little annoying to have the hose attached to the back, and I'd say that a bulkhead would have been convenient, but that's a very minor consideration. Fewer connections means fewer possible leaks.

I am contemplating moving the CO2 tank to outside my keezer so that I can monitor my volume more closely. I would like some ideas on how to seal the hole for which I will need to create to run my gas line through. I want it to look nice so I don’t really want to use caulking. Any thoughts?

On my DIY Kegerator, I just used a firewall grommet that I bought from an auto parts store. That way the hose won't chaffe.

I put my CO2 tank outside the keezer. Simply drilled holes in the wood collar and ran the red tubing thru the holes to the kegs. Holes are just large enough for the tubing to pass, but I sealed them with silicone too.

I did same on the other side of the keezer collar (put a hole just large enough for tubing to pass thru) for flushing the lines. Hole is plugged. When I want to flush/clean the lines and tap I remove the plugs, push the beverage line thru, shut the lid and run the cleaning solution.

Keezer.jpg

Back