Mouse in a carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is just a mouse, liquefying would be cool but totally unnecessary.
Shake that bad boy out, loosen it with a stick if you have to. Rinse, clean, and sanitize; no big deal.

Simply amazing how human emotion/repulsion towards dead things totally outweighs science and logic for some folks.

I fear the Enlightenment Era was a fluke. We are headed back toward the Dark Ages.

Sorry for the delay guys. Here is the first image of the mouse in the drain cleaner.

IMG_20151214_231236475_HDR.jpg

Make sure to give your carboy a swirl to kick up more mousy parts and and get full drain-o flocculation

Dude!
You burned your tile.
Sad day.

To be a dead mouse anyway.
Thanks for the pic.

Next thread title: Drain cleaner in a carboy

"I just bought some drain cleaner and put it in my carboy to clean it. It been in there for a few days and it's all over the bottom. Is it worth my time to try and clean the carboy, or is it time to trash it?"

"I just bought some drain cleaner and put it in my carboy to clean it. It been in there for a few days and it's all over the bottom. Is it worth my time to try and clean the carboy, or is it time to trash it?"

Rehydrate with lots of water, leave it sit and rinse

You can take a fresh dead mouse on a stick and swab it clean.

I think a dozen roaches would have done more than drain cleaner, but that's just me - I keep plenty of roaches around but not much drain cleaner.

Here is the final product. The mouse was pretty well dissolved, all that was left was the spine and the ribs, th skull floted off when I dumped it out. No picture of the mouse remains but here is a sparkling slightly toxic carboy.

IMG_20151215_111353663.jpg

Really no reason to be using that thing, stop being a cheapass and buy a new one.

Absolutely disgusting!

Great job recycling that carboy and making it fit for service again. Bonus points for minimizing your carbon footprint by not buying a new carboy.:D

Now I'm gonna have to go light some gas on fire to make up for that missing carbon footprint.

:)

Carbon footprint. :lol: That carboy would have been in the bin.

The recycle bin, of course. :)

Really no reason to be using that thing, stop being a cheapass and buy a new one.

Absolutely disgusting!

Glass can easily be cleaned and sterilized... Theres really no practical reason not to clean it and use it. If it were plastic I would have to agree with you..
I would guess that from your comment it seems you may not like what you would see if you were to tour food processing and manufacturing plants... your approach would be very unrealistic to that industry.

Pretty normal that folks get hung up on a concept instead of accepting things as they are. Good chance that half the people that read this thread would visualize the mouse every time they brewed with this carboy

Glass can easily be cleaned and sterilized... Theres really no practical reason not to clean it and use it. If it were plastic I would have to agree with you..
I would guess that from your comment it seems you may not like what you would see if you were to tour food processing and manufacturing plants... your approach would be very unrealistic to that industry.

Feel free to step into my thread... :)

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=565619

Back