Mountain Region Airport Thread (Denver, etc.)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shelf_turd_ferguson

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm hoping this thread can serve as a resource for future travelers flying through Mountain region airports. It'll fall from page one, but it should just require a quick search to find, forever and ever. Any airport in the mountain region is relevant.

I'm flying through Denver and was wondering how the beer places in it are? Rock Bottom sounds OK and is in my terminal. The New Belgium places could be great if they get non-normal-lineup kegs. I'm wondering, do they? Anything good from Avery or Great Divide around? Or perhaps more local, that doesn't make it too far outside of CO?
Any to go available that isn't marked up 300%?

Thanks to DenverBeerDrinker and blue_bleeder for already getting me pointed in the right direction.

Cheers all!

Nothing to see here. Seriously, it's not like the airport is some creepy New World Order hotspot. JK.

The airport does have some ****ed-up **** in it though. Those murals in baggage claim are ..... interesting?

Better than flying through Chicago, Philly, New York or Boston though.

Nothing to see here. Seriously, it's not like the airport is some creepy New World Order hotspot. JK.

The airport does have some ****ed-up **** in it though. Those murals in baggage claim are ..... interesting?

Better than flying through Chicago, Philly, New York or Boston though.
No comprendo... but hey, great avatar. Us Burts gotta stick together.

Anyone?

New Belgium has the Hub and the Spoke, either are fine. They usually have a selection of year round, seasonals, and one or two lips of faith beers.

Rock Bottom is good but their beers are neither fantastic nor terrible.

There is also a Boulder Brewing restaurant outside the security area. The beer is just their normal lineup but the food is turrible.

Those are the only places I have been, there might be some other restaurants not tied to a brewery that have good offerings.

I'll add on to what quirk said. I've drank a lot of expensive beer at DIA while waiting for my daughter to arrive home from the grandparents down in Texas. I like to call it the DIA beer tour. I've also always found it fun to be able to go through security to the concourses without actually flying anywhere. Dem pre 9/11 feels. Plus, the airport is such a choice spot for people watching.

But I digress. You've got Boulder Beer in the Terminal. They have their staples usually along with Avery and other breweries located in Boulder like Upslope and Fate. This is outside security so you'd want to start there or need a long layover.

Terminal A is pretty bare since that's where all the poors fly out from. The chop house is about it. I usually eat there on my tour. You'll find basic Colorado craft staples.

Concourse B has a couple good options. Elways has some tasty, albeit pricy, food and good craft offerings. It's always packed though. The bar is sneaky big so be sure to go all the way around to find a seat. Lounge 5280 is on the mezzanine level above the center spoke. They have some good charcuterie and decent beer offerings. There's hardly anyone up there most of the time. The New Belgium Hub is way the **** out the east end where the United regoinal services operate. I mean, it's practically in Kansas so be ready for a long walk, but its worth it. They carry all the staples plus some lips of faith beers. Avoid the food there.

Concourse C has two good options. Rock Bottom is nothing special, but they usually have a good happy meal special if you want to add some booze to your resume. Timberline Grill usually has some nice taps and a good bottle list. I advise date checking of bottles because I've been served some duds. The food there is also pretty decent.

There is no to go beer available at DIA.

In addition to those listed above, Root Down recently went in at the middle of Concourse C and had a great selection of local stuff when I was there. Very good food too. Good local stuff and decent food at Udi's on Concourse B too.

In addition to those listed above, Root Down recently went in at the middle of Concourse C and had a great selection of local stuff when I was there. Very good food too. Good local stuff and decent food at Udi's on Concourse B too.
Root down? Nice! I haven't been to DIA in a few months. There seems to be a lot of new places going in.

Back