Most Famous Female Homebrewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the fact that historically (except for those monks somewhere) most brewers were women; because it was considered part of the kitchen duties that are traditionally the womens' bailiwick. Bet there were some famous ones way back when. Until the industrial revolution happened and those pesky men took over.

And yes, @bracconiere , you made me blush. Geez. Nice to know I'm famous with someone! My vote also goes to @Yooper, with an honorable mention to @Hoppy2bmerry !
Ah thanks, I’m not chopped liver. :D ;)

My first thought went to Annie Johnson.

And Yooper too of course!

And let's please not forget Kathy Stock (wife to Curt).

And Sandy Cockerham, current Treasurer of BJCP and I'm pretty sure ranked a Grand Master II or higher.

First, please say brewster.

Second, @Yooper of course. I've met her and believe me she's just as you imagined.: a goddess. @Yooberbrew

A goddess!?!? You just made me spit coffee on my keyboard, goddess-like that I am....................which is even less attractive than it sounds.
:)
I have to tell you that I do have a new nickname. I was speaking on a podcast about alternative fermentations, and my husband was half-listening. Afterwards, he said, "@Denny Conn is beer famous, but you're a Rot Star". I'm now a Rot Star, or the Queen of Rot if you ask Bob.

My first thought went to Annie Johnson.

And Yooper too of course!

And let's please not forget Kathy Stock (wife to Curt).

And Sandy Cockerham, current Treasurer of BJCP and I'm pretty sure ranked a Grand Master II or higher.

Annie is cool, and we've hung out a couple of times at HomebrewCons. A couple of years ago, she made some diner beers. I kid you not- like "chicken and waffles" beer.

And Sandy is a very good friend of mine, and she's like Grand Master VI. When she visited me in Florida last winter, I introduced her as a Grand Master 27, and she just rolled her eyes at me. I think she does that a lot, now that I think about it. :)

There are so many wonderful female brewers out there and they support each other so well. I'm just a blabbermouth on the internet, while those ladies really are Brewing Stars. I'm happy to call them my friends.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure she brews though. She seems to flit in & out of this dimension and other higher dimensions. Seriously, I've seen interviews with the actress, and she's kinda "out there". But maybe she would enjoy a nice sour purple hazy NEIPA with beet juice and sesame seeds. I don't know her, I've never met her, but that's the first impression I get from seeing her speak.

I was thinking the same thing. Not sure she brews though. She seems to flit in & out of this dimension and other higher dimensions. Seriously, I've seen interviews with the actress, and she's kinda "out there". But maybe she would enjoy a nice sour purple hazy NEIPA with beet juice and sesame seeds. I don't know her, I've never met her, but that's the first impression I get from seeing her speak.

i don't eat much meat so i've seen her youtube channel.....We are talking about Mayim right? be cool if she did brew, she's only a year older then me.

(but she'd probably give me crap, telling me it's a nerotoxin. and if i didn't drink, i'd know/remember how to pronounce/spell her name!)

anyway noone has swayed my vote so far....i had a girlfriend for a few months once, and i remember having to organize 'the boys' to teach her how to hot wire her car, just so she could get me home, because the key didn't work...seeing her hike up that dress and crawl under the engine to 'jump' the starter....something worth remembering!

Last edited:
Back