Most Famous Female Homebrewer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

come on now, you're just sucking up to the Boss! i like @seatazzz for the win....

but honestly, outside of HBT...where i really don't know if their XX, or XY....can't think of any? wait...

Marie Church Busch , she was the one with a rich daddy that started off the brewing carear of what's his name?

Katharina Von Bora, a 16th century runaway nun and the wife of Protestant reformer Martin Luther. She was, among other things, a brewer, and is given credit, by some, of popularizing the use of hops in brewing. Actually, hops were used in brewing mainly because they were considered a weed and weren't taxed by the Catholic church. Kate just happened to be married to a famous guy who often bragged about her beer.

Didn't someone post a picture in another thread here on HBT of a Zymology Magazine cover from back in the 80s with a picture of Kathy Ireland on the cover?

1620860600275.png

but i'm still voting for seatazzz.....

come on now, you're just sucking up to the Boss! i like @seatazzz for the win....

but honestly, outside of HBT...where i really don't know if their XX, or XY....can't think of any? wait...

Marie Church Busch , she was the one with a rich daddy that started off the brewing carear of what's his name?

Eberhard Anheuser?

Meg Gill - Golden Road she had a show called Beerland
Yea that show was really sad for anyone who actually knew how to brew

The guy fermenting with a log - yea I’m sure he gets great consistency

The one girl from Berkeley who thought she was so much better than everyone else in life handing them a beer that was clearly suffering from oxidation and they pretended it was all good because of her victim status in life and she was so smug telling them she brewed a Kolsch and so bad I wanted to tell her no you did not brew a kolsch you arrogant thick headed know it all brat

The guys who can’t make strawberry beer but hey let’s get them on and pretend it’s genius

Show was not good for people who actually take this seriously maybe it was ok for people who just drink craft beer but I wouldn’t know

The lady who was the host seemed ok just had the wrong people around her in my opinion to make that show really good

They never asked the right questions either in my opinion

Good idea for a show but poor execution for my taste ....... maybe I’m wrong I’ve have been before

yeah i think it was only one season, i watched it just because it was a beer show.
the guy with the log had me rolling.
there was a guy that did a peach hefe that one actually sounded really good.
for the most they only had one brewer that to me was serious about it

Yea that show was really sad for anyone who actually knew how to brew

The guy fermenting with a log - yea I’m sure he gets great consistency

The one girl from Berkeley who thought she was so much better than everyone else in life handing them a beer that was clearly suffering from oxidation and they pretended it was all good because of her victim status in life and she was so smug telling them she brewed a Kolsch and so bad I wanted to tell her no you did not brew a kolsch you arrogant thick headed know it all brat

The guys who can’t make strawberry beer but hey let’s get them on and pretend it’s genius

Show was not good for people who actually take this seriously maybe it was ok for people who just drink craft beer but I wouldn’t know

The lady who was the host seemed ok just had the wrong people around her in my opinion to make that show really good

They never asked the right questions either in my opinion

Good idea for a show but poor execution for my taste ....... maybe I’m wrong I’ve have been before

There was a video on the Clawhammer Supply brewing channel over on YouTube where they actually brewed their own beer using the infamous log.

I really like the fact that historically (except for those monks somewhere) most brewers were women; because it was considered part of the kitchen duties that are traditionally the womens' bailiwick. Bet there were some famous ones way back when. Until the industrial revolution happened and those pesky men took over.

And yes, @bracconiere , you made me blush. Geez. Nice to know I'm famous with someone! My vote also goes to @Yooper, with an honorable mention to @Hoppy2bmerry !

No no no he did not age on oak the savage threw a log from the park into his beer so the natural yeast could ferment it

so like when i was in jail and turned down the 'brew' the dope cook made with kool=aid, apple juice and throwing some bread into? only more like the thread i see "Isolating 'Treehouse' Yeast"? lol

so like when i was in jail and turned down the 'brew' the dope cook made with kool=aid, apple juice and throwing some bread into? only more like the thread i see "Isolating 'Treehouse' Yeast"? lol
Not gonna lie I had to read it twice
But I got ya lol

They took treehouse too far

Back