Morgue Table to Brew Stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wimartin

Reaction score
Found a morgue table for cheap from our hospital and was wondering if it had any potential for being a brew stand.

Morg.jpg

You could mount three Blichmann burner stands w/o legs.
How thick is the table? Also, can you add HD casters?
I spent four years w/ the ME's office and those tables are my necessity HEAVY.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Other than than being a bit creepy I would think it would work. I believe those things are rated for something like 500 lbs. You'd have to bolt it to the floor though.

For the burners how would you mount them? Take a high speed cut off to it? Or put burners on stands?

Awesome! Being a big fan of gore/grind musick and old school horror movies, I would probably not build a brew stand, I'd re-purpose it as a bed for the guest room :)
Imagine waking up dead after a total bender.

As a brewstand, meh. I'd make it into a bar top or something similar that way folks actually get to see it.

Now - if you're going shopping in the basement, that hyperthermia unit right behind it next to the freezer would make a KICKASS chiller for a series of fermenters...

:mug:

Last Stop Brewing! I have been fortunate enough not to have seen one of these in person, but I can't see why it would not work. Provided it isn't too tall, won't tip with an uneven weight load, and is large enough for your system. Looks like a great find though.

It would work, but having been in many morgues, and seen what happens on these tablesI would never use a table that came out of one for food or drink production. I realize the stainless can be cleaned. Still.

Dr. Mengeles Homebrew Palace!

Just for fun I'd use that as a table. If someone brings a guest you've never met before you could break the ice with something like "Dead people got dissected here, how do you like mye beer?"

It would work, but having been in many morgues, and seen what happens on these tablesI would never use a table that came out of one for food or drink production. I realize the stainless can be cleaned. Still.

I'm with you. Thats a hell of a conversation peice, and it might work for brewing, but there isnt any level of cleaning or sanitizing that would tell my brain that there wasnt once a dead body on that.

Back