MoreBeer Vacuum Brew Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. 3 kettles, a wort chiller, and vacuum assembly fully figured out with support and a warranty for $500.00....

Sounds pretty cool to me. Maybe give them an email and ask for additional pics or a more detailed description.

I don't know if I'd want to brew with a vacuum. Might end up with carpet lint and dust bunnies in your beer. :D

Do you just use the vacuum to get the siphon going? I'd just get 3 affordable instawares pots and a march pump. You could integrate that into a single tier later if you decide to upgrade.

Do you just use the vacuum to get the siphon going? I'd just get 3 affordable instawares pots and a march pump. You could integrate that into a single tier later if you decide to upgrade.

It sounds to me like you keep pulling a vaccum on your go to pot in order to have it "suck" the liquid in, kind of creating a false height difference.

It seems like a good idea to me, but I have never priced March pumps.

I honestly can't see any reason why you'd use a vacuum pump - a mechanical one at least - to supply vacuum for this.

Two words: vacuum aspirator. You hook it up to a water source (ie faucet/hose) and when you piss water down it, it pulls a (pretty hard) vacuum. Cheap, effective, and they essentially never break. These are the same type of device as those water bed faucet pumps you can buy for a tenner. Why use a $200 mechanical pump to do what 10 gallons of cheap tap water can do?

CHAPMAN VACUUM HYDRO ASPIRATOR FILTER PUMP / HUMBOLDT - (eBay.ca item 230261884374 end time 11-Sep-08 13:19:56 EDT)

Latest posts

Back