MoreBeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I continue to have poor luck with their shipping. Ordered on the 4th, ended up cancelling my order on the 11th because it hadn't been picked yet and I needed the stuff, so I stopped by my LHBS and got what I needed.

I hear great stories about people ordering with moresaver shipping and getting their stuff 3-4 days later so I let myself hope that was the new standard. But it turned out it was the same old 10 business days from date of order for me that I've come to expect from them.

Not really a slam on them. I like a lot of things about them. I just only order when I've got $60 worth of stuff that I don't need anytime soon.

I guess it all depends where you live. Morebeer has warehouse on the east and west coast now so they can ship pretty fast to most places, unless you live in the central states I suppose. I'm lucky enough to live 15 minutes from their Pennsylvania warehouse so I get my stuff the next day or two days at most even with their moresaver option. I really hope they start letting you pick up from the warehouse one day, that would be awesome.

I guess it all depends where you live. Morebeer has warehouse on the east and west coast now so they can ship pretty fast to most places, unless you live in the central states I suppose. I'm lucky enough to live 15 minutes from their Pennsylvania warehouse so I get my stuff the next day or two days at most even with their moresaver option. I really hope they start letting you pick up from the warehouse one day, that would be awesome.

It was a week later and they hadn't picked my order. Hard to get things in a few days if they don't pull it off the shelf and put it in a box 7 days after the order. This is my typical experience after about 5 years of buying from them several dozen times. I thought from what a lot of people were saying that they had sped things up. I suppose I'm just unlucky or they have me flagged for extra slow service compared to everyone else. I don't know.

I'm in the 2day shipping range from their CA location.

It was a week later and they hadn't picked my order. Hard to get things in a few days if they don't pull it off the shelf and put it in a box 7 days after the order.

Sorry to hear about your less than good experience with MoreBeer. Based on recent experience I've moderated my opinion of them a bit as well.

I am within about a 3 hour drive of their Concord warehouse. When I ordered early in the day and paid for shipping the order almost always went out that day and was delivered the next. They were shipping by FedEx.

My last order was shipped the same day but by the US Postal Service. It took an extra day to get here. Shipping charges to me were about the same.

My concern here is that, although the extra day for delivery may not seem a big deal, to me it smacks of a change in the mindset of the company's leadership. As a businessman myself, I am always keenly aware of the business practices of those with whom I do business. Far too often I have witnessed businesses who were hungry to build a reputation for unsurpassed service. So long as they were small and working hard to make their monthly revenue and profit budgets those efforts toward customer service remained paramount in their thinking. However, once they achieved a certain level of profitability the desire for customer service tends to take a back seat to profitability. I fear that may be what is happening with MoreBeer.

I know their prices on equipment are generally way out of line, but their grain prices and customer service has offset that some extent. But I have found that by joining my local brew club the lhbs gives enough of a discount to pretty well offset the cheaper grain prices.

I may continue to order from them occasionally but recent experience is pushing me to join the local brew club; buy grain, yeast and misc. stuff from the lhbs; and order equipment, fittings and properly packaged hops from other reliable on-line sources.

It was a week later and they hadn't picked my order. Hard to get things in a few days if they don't pull it off the shelf and put it in a box 7 days after the order. This is my typical experience after about 5 years of buying from them several dozen times. I thought from what a lot of people were saying that they had sped things up. I suppose I'm just unlucky or they have me flagged for extra slow service compared to everyone else. I don't know.

I'm in the 2day shipping range from their CA location.

I wonder if it was a case of something showing in stock, but them not finding or having it and having to wait...... and then holding the entire order? If that is the case of course they should let you know and still ship what is available...
Of course that probably wasn't the scenario.

I've ordered from them three times I think and everything has been shipped the next day.

I wonder if it was a case of something showing in stock, but them not finding or having it and having to wait...... and then holding the entire order? If that is the case of course they should let you know and still ship what is available...
Of course that probably wasn't the scenario.

I've ordered from them three times I think and everything has been shipped the next day.

Yeah, I was pretty encouraged by all the reports that shipping was one or two days after the order was placed.

Then, I was pretty discouraged when my order hadn't shipped after a week.

It very well may have been an out of stock item, but they didn't contact me if that was the case.

I don't want to have unreasonable expectations and I'm not trying to bash MoreBeer. I've bought from them for about 5 years now. When I was in my first year or two they were pretty much my main source for supplies and equipment. But, when I was using them more frequently I had adjusted my expectations to match how long it was taking to get my order, which was consistently 10 working days (stress, working days) after I placed my order.

Once I started shopping elsewhere and a new LHBS opened in my area I stopped using MoreBeer as much, but they have a few items that are not available at the places I shop more often, so I still order from them from time to time and I pretty much always try to get over that $60 mark for the free shipping.

Thing is, I get that I'm getting free shipping. Whatever the deal is on that I can accept. But the free shipping is a marketing strategy to get people to order at least $60 worth of stuff...and it works on me. My orders would probably be half that or less if I weren't trying to get over the $60 mark to get the free shipping, so I don't feel like I'm being a cheapskate and expecting something for nothing when I play into their marketing gimmick.

I don't feel like your complaints were over the line at all......we all want our stuff as soon as possible... and truthfully.. if someone has my stuff in stock, I expect it to go out the next day in most cases.... two days if its the busy season.

I've used MoreBeer once and had a similar experience as most - very slow shipping. I am fortunate enough to have several LHBS in my vicinity, so I use them. I no longer wait and wonder if my brew day is going to postponed because of slow shipping.

Used them a few times. One order bungled. Late, plus short #3 of grain... Ruined a brew day that was meant to be an introduction to brewing for a friend of mine. Explained it all to them and they were good enough to offer my money back on the item I didn't receive. Wow, thanks. Last order there.

I've ordered from them at least a dozen times in the last five years. When they opened the Pa store I thought I could at last buy everything I needed from one place, but alas they don't offer will call pickup at the Pa store. :confused: I am not going to pay $13 shipping on a sack of grain when I live close to them and could drive there and pick it up for a few dollars in gas.

I've ordered from them 3 or 4 times in the last few months and never had a problem with their shipping. I always get my order in a few days and it arrives in good shape.
They're my go to shop for alot of things.

I just placed my first order with them yesterday (sterile siphon starter, some tubing etc). It shipped from them yesterday (PA), and FedEx says it will arrive tomorrow (Im in NH). That's ridiculous. That's Amazon fast. I didn't quite qualify for the free shipping, and it cost me around $10 in shipping. If the order is accurate, I'll be using them again, without a doubt.

I just placed my first order with them yesterday (sterile siphon starter, some tubing etc). It shipped from them yesterday (PA), and FedEx says it will arrive tomorrow (Im in NH). That's ridiculous. That's Amazon fast. I didn't quite qualify for the free shipping, and it cost me around $10 in shipping. If the order is accurate, I'll be using them again, without a doubt.

I love the sterile siphon. That thing will never break. Just keep that filter dry between batches! I keep mine in a ziplock bag

Morebeer is great. No LHBS here so they're my go-to for everything. Lightening fast shipping and excellent accuracy with great prices.

What you describe is what I have experienced since they opened shop in PA. I'm in Vermont, and I get deliveries in two days most of the time. I have done business with morebeer for a long time, but I buy more yeast from them now knowing it will get here in a reasonable amount of time (utilizing the free shipping, I can always seem to find $59 worth of stuff). They are great to do business with.

MoreBeer is my go-to when I am using a mail order house. Otherwise it's the LHBS. (most times .. on occasion I go elsewhere with out of stocks or whatever).

So, I've written some reviews critical of MoreBeer's shipping speed, but as I've said, I like them and I continue to order from them. Well, I placed an order late Sunday night and one item wasn't available from the CA location. No problem, even though my total order was about $62 they shipped the single item from PA (it was their npt O2 stone) and the rest of the order from CA for free.

Early Monday I got shipping confirmation from PA and later that day got confirmation for the CA shipment. Both shipments arrived Wednesday. Packaging and order accuracy were perfect. I've long considered MoreBeer as having top notch packaging.

So, I want to give credit where credit is due and say that on my free shipping order I got my stuff in two days...all my stuff, from both the CA location and the PA location on the same day. I'm in UT and much closer to the CA location.

That said, I still will not be planning Saturday brew days based on stuff I ordered from MoreBeer on Monday, but they knocked it out of the park on my most recent order.

Crap yeastlad, looks like you goto the last one from pa. I also placed an order on Monday for over a 100 of items and all but two items, the siphon starter mentioned above and recommended by brulosopher and a line brush. Both items have still not shipped? I got the items from pa on weds, 2 days from shipping to door. I have to give them a call today. Too bad about the lack of will call.

Looked at my order again and it appears that FedEx took forever to update status. Order was placed Monday and shipped the same day! Now if we could just pick up orders in PA like you can in CA.

Crap yeastlad, looks like you goto the last one from pa. I also placed an order on Monday for over a 100 of items and all but two items, the siphon starter mentioned above and recommended by brulosopher and a line brush. Both items have still not shipped? I got the items from pa on weds, 2 days from shipping to door. I have to give them a call today. Too bad about the lack of will call.

I noticed they had 2 different versions on the website, one for multiple sizes of carboy, and one specifically for a 6 gallon threaded neck carboy? The more "universal" one was out of stock, so I just ordered the other - I figured it would just be the hood that is different, and I could swap it out if need be. I haven't used mine yet, but there's nothing about it that suggests it specifically for a threaded neck. Looks like a regular hood to me. Sorry, off topic from the thread, just saying.

I live In north Texas. I've ordered 2 times from them. Amazingly fast shipping and very fair shipping practices. The products I've got seem to be as fresh as anyplace I've ordered. I think they are going to be my goto shop for now on. However, I bought a 1/2 racking cane and was disappointed in the product. Not reAlly great for 5 gallon batches.

Another big MoreBeer fan. I just had a non-brewer friend go in to the Concord branch with a list for me, and they accidentally gave him Wyeast 1028 instead of 1318 and it was dated mid-December.

One phone call later and they're express-shipping me a fresh pack of 1318 in an ice-pack to arrive tomorrow.

Well i decided to give them another try and bought 4 kits from them. When i went to make my hop blonde kit today they had not put the correct aroma hop in the kit. I had two of the dry hop packs and no aroma hop pack.Frustrating that they can't build up the recipe correctly.

Well i decided to give them another try and bought 4 kits from them. When i went to make my hop blonde kit today they had not put the correct aroma hop in the kit. I had two of the dry hop packs and no aroma hop pack.Frustrating that they can't build up the recipe correctly.

I've had my ups and downs with morebeer, but I think they have really turned a corner and are one of the very best online brew supply sources out there.

I've sworn them off a few times, but have always gone back because they have what I want at reasonable prices. Their shipping speed, particularly on their super saver shipping, has gotten MUCH better.

I just received am email from Morebeer about their sale for today only, where everything is 10% off. I thought, great, I have sacks of grain in my shopping cart so maybe I should go ahead and place the order for them today. Well, I opened up my shopping cart and get messages that everything I had in there had a price increase of about 10%.

Coincidence?

I ordered a pump and some silicone tubing. I ordered 10 feet of silicone tubing. The piece of tape on the silicone tubing said 13 feet. I was very excited so I measured it. It was only 8'7". I called customer support and they overnighted me a 10 foot section and let me keep the short section. I was very happy

I wanted to share this with everyone b/c customer service like this should be shared.

I purchased a 20 gallon SS Brewtech kettle from morebeer.com last week. It arrived Saturday but I haven't been able to clean it and assemble it until tonight. After getting the kettle and the lid cleaned, I moved on to disassembling the 3 piece ball valve to clean it before installing it on the kettle. Well first off one of the four bolts was a PIA to take off. Once I took it off, I noticed the threads were all jagged and had burs on them. Well I tweeted to MoreBeer about this issue with a photo (I was also in the middle of grilling dinner) asking if they had spare parts for the 3 piece ball valves, figuring I would order new bolts. In between attending to the food on the grill I continued to clean all the parts. Well, one of the gaskets (the white pieces that are on each side of the ball) had a split in it too. Before I could even respond back to MoreBeer about the gasket too, they responded to my tweet. They said they found my order and they feel the 3 piece valve is faulty and would work on a replacement. Minutes later I get a phone call from them wanting to confirm my shipping address and said "don't worry about sending back the original ball valve. If any of the pieces are salvageable, keep them as spare parts.".

I have never purchased anything from Morebeer.com before. After receiving such great and quick customer service, I will be a customer for life! I'm sure others have had such experiences too, but I am blown away by this that I had to share. Also, after I got off the phone with them I get a tweet saying they should be calling me soon to confirm all the information needed for the replacement. Seriously, how good is that?

Again I can't say this enough, but MoreBeer did an awesome job! Kudos to them! Cheers! :mug:

Morebeer is great! Their service is great. Their prices are reasonable. And their shipping is ridiculously fast. My go to for online orders.

Literally the fastest email responses to questions ever, even at odd times.

Another, unnamed site took days.

MoreBeer rocks!

I also need to give them (Morebeer) a big thumbs up. I have been searching for a new supplier for a while since the folks that I used to like and buy from made a disastrous change to their website and content.

So I decided to give them a shot and made a rather large/heavy order. There was some snafu in their warehouse and the order didn't ship after a few weeks. Since I was planning on being away from home for a bit I sent a gentle email asking if they knew when it would ship so that I could make arrangements for someone to take the shipment if needed. I got an immediate response with a significant discount and expedited (FedEx) shipping. This order had to come at a fairly large loss to them, in turn, they gained a loyal repeat customer.

First order arrived from Morebeer.com. Ordered last friday noonish, arrived about the same time today/wednesday in VT, plenty fast for me. Spent over $59 thus shipped free, which included a 7gal PET carboy. Their color catalog is fantastic as a reference, rows of hops and yeasts with full descriptions. They'll be where I go for all my LHBS doesn't have. Very happy.

I've ordered a lot from them. Great company and great customer service. Only thing to be aware of is the ice packs they send with yeast are terrible. I had yeast shipped with an ice pack in an insulated envelope with 1 day shipping. Ice was melted and yeast was warm.

i agree about the yeast ice packs..but ive ordered a bunch from morebeer and couple times there was a problem[lost package and yeast that was older than i was comfortable with using]....but each time they made it right.....i feel lucky to have a store of their size and selection to still have great customer service......so i never have to give $ to inbev:)

placed an order on a Tuesday night, shipped Wednesday and was delivered Friday. PA to IL.

****Morebeer suckered me in again by their free shipping on $35 or more because my LHBS Didn’t have any imperial A24 in stock so with the free shipping I made a deal with the devil. This time I’ve fully learned my lesson. Below are the pictures of “milled” grains. Less then 50% of the grains are milled in the base malt and less then 20% on the carapil - below are pictures*****

This is a post I posted yesterday in a different thread and caught a lot of backlash from people saying I got what I payed for and trying to claim I didn’t know what I was talking about lol Since I’m not inexperienced and felt my intelligence was insulted, plus I’m stubborn as all hell I had to prove a point and brew the beer anyway. So it was a 6 gallon batch using 15lbs of grain. expected preboil of 1.053 and OG of 1.065. The actual numbers were PB 1.038 and OG of 1.054 after boiling off an extra gallon and ending up with 5 gallons in the ferment. Point proven. Terrible crush or lack there of.

B9D5F4CF-3FDD-4E43-B7DB-C07739A812B3.jpegC0EDDC64-49EB-42F2-B9AE-F14E5A2AF85B.jpegE94CA9C6-3D35-4406-BA31-77130795C618.jpeg8F07FDA0-19C7-4226-B554-48E0014A2BAD.jpeg

****Morebeer suckered me in again by their free shipping on $35 or more because my LHBS Didn’t have any imperial A24 in stock so with the free shipping I made a deal with the devil. This time I’ve fully learned my lesson. Below are the pictures of “milled” grains. Less then 50% of the grains are milled in the base malt and less then 20% on the carapil - below are pictures*****

This is a post I posted yesterday in a different thread and caught a lot of backlash from people saying I got what I payed for and trying to claim I didn’t know what I was talking about lol Since I’m not inexperienced and felt my intelligence was insulted, plus I’m stubborn as all hell I had to prove a point and brew the beer anyway. So it was a 6 gallon batch using 15lbs of grain. expected preboil of 1.053 and OG of 1.065. The actual numbers were PB 1.038 and OG of 1.054 after boiling off an extra gallon and ending up with 5 gallons in the ferment. Point proven. Terrible crush or lack there of.

View attachment 627543View attachment 627544View attachment 627545View attachment 627546

Those look almost like they were not milled at all.. I would send the pictures to Morebeer and ask for replacement/refund. Then get on the internet and order a mill.

Latest posts

Back