Morebeer Blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theganda

Reaction score
Hey who has used Morebeer's kits? How did you like them (I'm looking at the Blonde Ale one)? I want to take advantage of their shipping deal but am a little nervous because they don't list the exact ingredient list like Midwest does. Thoughts, please.

I have brewed 3 or 4 of the extract kits from Morebeer, and they come with great detailed instructions for each brew(they might just used a modified template for them) but i have had no issues with them yet, have not tasted my 1st brew yet, its still bottle agging.

I've done three kits from MoreBeer. The B3 Stout, Scottish Export 80/- and Sweet Stout. I'm drinking the B3 stout right now, and I'm very pleased with the results. The ingredients are great. The instructions have come on two sheets for me, one very detailed (but generic) sheet, and another with specifics about the particular brew.

It would be nice if they showed the specifics of each kit on their website, but they don't. I figure they don't want people to steal the kit recipes, that's all. There is a complete ingredient list with the shipped kit. I've been keeping the lists for reference, and in case I want to make another batch later.

The only other supplier I've ordered from was AHS, and while their kit wasn't bad, I was happier with the MoreBeer kits. I think you'll be happy with the kit.

I've ordered twice from them, and am very happy. I like Midwest as well, and also like that they list the ingredients. Have no fear ordering from morebeer. They put together a nice kit, at a nice price, and free shipping. The kits got here to michigan 4 days after ordering and morebeer is in california, so I was happy. I thought maybe with free shipping they would take some time to pack it and what not, but not the case. Very good vendor.

Here is what it includes.

7lb ultralight

1/2lb crystal 15L

1 oz Williamette

Clarifier- whirlflock ( use1/2 - 1 Tablet)
safale us-05

I've been using Morebeer kits for the last 2-1/2 years. Ales and lagers. Probably a total of 10 -12 different kits. They make good tasting beer. Free shipping w/ descent prices.

I have always had good experiences with Morebeer's kits. My personal favorite is their American Amber, but I have liked all that I have tried (which has been quite a few...).

Do their kits include everything you need to brew? My local shop gives you everything from hop bags to bottle caps and corn sugar, plus the yeast starter. I can't tell if their kits include any of that stuff. Their prices look ridiculously low this morning.

Morebeer kits are good kits. They come with priming sugar, generally you have to purchase the yeast separately. No hop bags, no caps... etc.

They are good flavored kits, my only complaint was that if you buy pre-crushed grain there, it is VERY coarse. I regularly got 68% eff. with thier crush, on my Barley Crusher at the FACTORY setting, I am getting 82% eff. Me thinks they open up thier mill a bit.

I have 3 of their kits in primary for 10 days...
Vinnies Blind Pig had 10 lbs of extract and 7 1/2 oz of hops...
It was on sale for around $32...1/2 price of the ingredients...
The store in Riverside has good people...I was there 30 seconds and was drinking a sample..

Morebeer kits are pretty good. And morebeer is a great place to buy, fast shipping and great customer service.

I have brewed 3 or 4 of the extract kits from Morebeer, and they come with great detailed instructions for each brew(they might just used a modified template for them) but i have had no issues with them yet, have not tasted my 1st brew yet, its still bottle agging.

+1 what dagamore said, I have my first three extract kits from morebeer (2 irish reds and their light ale kit) in process right now. Two kits are in the bottle and the last red is in the secondary right now. I think that their customer service, shipping, and selections were all really good. The quality of the finished products obviously depends on me, but so far so good.

Latest posts

Back