MoreBeer 27 Gallon Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustyTheBrewer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I picked up a MoreBeer 27 Gallon Concial and thought I would share. While researching the fermenter I wasnt able to find much on HBT about the MoreBeer 27 gallon so I figured I'd put up some nice resolution pics of the old girl. If you want to see the full HQ pics they are accessible from my site in my sig.

I was getting tired of having to clean and sanitize 2 buckets, 2 carboys, and 4 kegs just to ferment and transfer a 10 gallon batch of beer. I had been contemplating a conical fermenter for years when I finally decided on the MoreBeer 27 gallon conical.

It came packed quite well with foam lining.

IMG_0862.JPG

IMG_0864.JPG

The cone just sits on little rubber pads within the ring. It can be removed very easily for cleaning (if you can find a big enough sink!).

IMG_0872.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

IMG_0886.JPG

The lid is big and beefy with a nice big seal around the edge. It just sits on top of the cone and gets clamped in place with a big steel ring.

IMG_0867.JPG

Everything all clamped together.

IMG_0883.JPG

The 1.5 inch butterfly valve at the bottom is very sturdy and easy to clean. The sample valve and racking cane are also very durable... I love things made of stainless steel.

IMG_0879.JPG

MoreBeer sells a "Temperature controlled blowoff assembly". I basically copied the parts list and made my own for much cheaper. These are the tri-clover parts (minus the thermowell).

IMG_0881.JPG

Put together it looks like this. The top cap can be replaced with the thermowell and the wide blowoff hose barb can be replaced with a smaller one attached to the CO2 regulator.

IMG_0884.JPG

Congrats.
I've have mine for over a year and a half now...I have the heated and cooled version...
I love it!
You got a big fermentation fridge for that thing?

Congrats.
I've have mine for over a year and a half now...I have the heated and cooled version...
I love it!
You got a big fermentation fridge for that thing?

My plan is to get a fridge for it. I got the thermowell to rig up an ebay temp controller but haven't gotten around to it yet. It's fall in Canada here so it isnt too too high on my priority list, haha.

Back