More to it than I thought.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've got to *catch* you over the limit. As long as you're rotating the stock like you should be, it would be really hard to have 200 gallons of homebrew on hand (good on you if you can though).

raw

Last edited by a moderator:
Will filter the water , but, you will only have as much filtered water as that teensy tank will hold- which is probably-if you're lucky- 2 gallons..And the flow out of that tap is slow..Would take quite a while to get 5+ gallons of filtered water..

Yeah I am thinking about another container to hold the water.

-Altrez

More stuff came in today. My 1 gallon kit is here now and I am pretty close to my first brew day!

-Altrez

dringer.jpg

If you find a good cheap one, could you post the model here?

I picked up the Haier 10.11-cu ft Top-Freezer Refrigerator (Stainless Steel) with 3 year protection plan for $500. I will post a full review after I get done data logging.

-Altrez

So I have the results of my data logging for the temperature in my office. Now it is going inside the Fridge for two days! Next week I will have my Temperature Control unit from NB and will log for 4 days then brew the week after.

-Altrez

OfficeTemp.jpg

Hi All,

Had a moment to snap a few shots with the Flir but I left the transfer cable at work lol. Here is one I took with my cell of the LCD, pretty neat!

-Altrez

thcam1.jpg

Hi All,

Had a moment to snap a few shots with the Flir but I left the transfer cable at work lol. Here is one I took with my cell of the LCD, pretty neat!

-Altrez

Don't forget to take pictures 90deg from the surface and normalize based on emissivity.

I just got the all grain version of that in today! Need to order the yeast and some water chemicals beginning of next month... Grabbed them when NB had them for $19.95 each for 3 of a selected list of all grain kits.

More stuff came in today. My 1 gallon kit is here now and I am pretty close to my first brew day!

-Altrez

Lol. Articles are too long. Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing. But I'll assume you agree considering you found the articles.

Also, I hope you stole that camera from work or needed it for something besides brewing (maybe you inspect houses for thermal losses or something). Certainly overkill if you bought it specifically for brewing.

But it's good to be excited. Happy brewing!

Lol. Articles are too long. Not sure if you're agreeing or disagreeing. But I'll assume you agree considering you found the articles.

Also, I hope you stole that camera from work or needed it for something besides brewing (maybe you inspect houses for thermal losses or something). Certainly overkill if you bought it specifically for brewing.

But it's good to be excited. Happy brewing!

I agree. I use the camera at work to inspect server rooms and at home to take cool looking pictures of Mr. Beer kits :) It has the most accurate temperature readings of anything I have.

-Altrez

This is cracking me up! I'm in the infrared business and a level 3 thermographer (although it's been a few years since I've actually used a hand held) and have been too lazy to grab a camera! I used to use my handy Fluke spot but haven't pulled the trigger on that for a while , either!

This is just getting more and more difficult! I Temperature logged my fermentation chamber on the highest setting while I am waiting on the temperature controller setting and it has a dip not sure why.

-Altrez

fridgetest2.jpg

Just the sanitation part of home brew beer is quit involved. That is going to be hard for me to keep up with. Also it takes so much room to brew beer. I am not even on my first batch yet and I already have started to run out of space.

I know I could just throw a Mr. Beer kit in a closet and hope for the best but i cant wrap my mind around that. Personally I cant do something unless I do it 100% This is why I have no hobbies lol.

There is no relaxing for me in this. I am already looking at $1000 more in brewing equipment costs that I need to feel comfortable on a successful brew.

And also a full house professional cleaning, All new central air ducts with hepa filters. An air quality test and the list goes on.

I think my OCD is getting the better of me.

-Altrez

There is no relaxing for me in this. I am already looking at $1000 more in brewing equipment costs that I need to feel comfortable on a successful brew.

And also a full house professional cleaning, All new central air ducts with hepa filters. An air quality test and the list goes on.

I think my OCD is getting the better of me.

-Altrez

OK...I'm out cause you crazy. Seek professional help.

I am really excited about the Beer Barrel my local Craft brew liqueur store will fill it up like a growler. Testing is needed after all!

:mug:

-Altrez

Looks like my first brew day will be May 7th! I plan on starting with the 2 Mr. Beer kits first and then on the 8th the 2 one gallon kits from NB.

I have a fermentation chamber all of the cleaning equipment I still need to buy a brew pot. Will this pot work with 1 and 2.5 gallon brews?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/brew-kettles/8-gal-megapot

Also I am looking at the Oxygenation Kit 2.0.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/oxygenation-kit

That should give me everything i need for lots of batches.

-Altrez

You're sounding like me when I started my homebrewing... $1,100 in for equipment and I was ready to start "Extract" brewing :p

Now it's been on to BIAB all grain! Some day I'll get a mash tun and HLT!

No matter your level of equipment or scientific knowledge, there is nothing like the feeling when you taste beer from your first bottle or tap your first keg and say....."I DID THIS!!!"

Looks like my first brew day will be May 7th! I plan on starting with the 2 Mr. Beer kits first and then on the 8th the 2 one gallon kits from NB.

I have a fermentation chamber all of the cleaning equipment I still need to buy a brew pot. Will this pot work with 1 and 2.5 gallon brews?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/brewing-equipment/brew-kettles/8-gal-megapot

-Altrez

For one gallon brews, that's overkill. All you need is a big soup pot. I recommend at least a 10 gallon kettle if you are planning to do 5 gallon in the future. Yes, very doable with the 8 gallon, but those extra 2 gallons of space comes in handy. I personally got one of these in 10 gallon for BIAB, and the kettle is awesome.
http://spikebrewing.com/

For one gallon brews, that's overkill. All you need is a big soup pot. I recommend at least a 10 gallon kettle if you are planning to do 5 gallon in the future. Yes, very doable with the 8 gallon, but those extra 2 gallons of space comes in handy. I personally got one of these in 10 gallon for BIAB, and the kettle is awesome.
http://spikebrewing.com/

Thank you for the help!!

-Altrez

My neighbor is amazed at my homebrew, she is used to watered down American beers. She always say it is rich and like a meal...

That is cool! I am looking forward to trying my first batch!

-Altrez

-Altrez

That looks like a really nice starter brew pot. However, you need to be concerned about boil-overs. Keep in mind, at some point, you might want to go to 3 gallon brews, and this pot may not be able to handle them. So... Why not invest, now, in a 20 gallon pot? Unless... You are considering going up to 5 gallon batches. In that case, go much larger with the brew pot.

Mike:mug:

Got my Beer Barrel in yesterday. Works pretty good.

On Tap Slow Ride Session IPA.

-Altrez

beerb2.jpg

beerb3.jpg

istsgood.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back