More Dry Hopping Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejones59

Reaction score
I brewed an Imperial Blonde from an extract kit and am dry hopping using a hop bag in my secondary. It has stayed on the top the whole time. Should I swish it around a little if I want more hoppiness? Thanks in advance.

Go ahead and swish it lightly. Look into getting some marbles, shot glass or stainless steel to weight the bags down in the future. I use stainless washers that I tie to the bags draw string.

As for secondary, I'd stay away from doing that , especially with hoppy beers

Thanks for the advice. Stay away from the secondary or the dry hopping with hoppy beer?

Thanks for the advice. Stay away from the secondary or the dry hopping with hoppy beer?
I was having problems with too much foam until I started using a secondary. Someone told me the secondary improves flavor and clarity as well. I really don't care too much about either of those but it helped with the foam. Maybe next batch (Imperial Nut Brown Ale) I will just leave it longer in the primary and see what happens. Once again, thanks.

Back