Monster Mill 3 troubleshooting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a ***** of a time setting up my MM3-Pro when i got it. Turned out the solution was to not tighten the bolts. They're a bit more than finger tight. That plus a little wiggling until the rollers spun freely and it works great. Their hopper also has a tendency to put the base into a bind. Not a single screw or bolt in the entire thing is tight otherwise it binds right up.

This ^^^^ 100%!!

I had a ***** of a time setting up my MM3-Pro when i got it. Turned out the solution was to not tighten the bolts. They're a bit more than finger tight. That plus a little wiggling until the rollers spun freely and it works great. Their hopper also has a tendency to put the base into a bind. Not a single screw or bolt in the entire thing is tight otherwise it binds right up.

How are you powering the mill?
I think loose bolts would be a plus for a lovejoy coupling or a drill.
The lateral pull of a belt pulley would really yank the mill sideways.

How are you powering the mill?
I think loose bolts would be a plus for a lovejoy coupling or a drill.
The lateral pull of a belt pulley would really yank the mill sideways.

IMG_3183.JPG

FWIW.… I finally got my setup done with a MM2, a gear motor running 60 inch pounds, and a lovejoy coupling.
This thing cuts grain like melted butter.
Funny thing is it's the same motor I had with the MM3. Frankly, I think the 3 roller mill is best suited for a drill.
I'd like to sell the MM3. If anyone's interested, I'd be glad to unleash it. It's all boxed up and ready to go.
Message me and you'll be happy...….

Back