Monona, WI (Madison) - Hi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merlin306

Reaction score
Hello to the group.

New to the hobby, 2 weeks in, and I've got 2 carboys full at the moment.

My first batch (amber ale - extract kit) has me worried, but I'm trying to relax about it. It just seemed a bit sleepy throughout fermentation.

The second batch (golden ale - extract kit) is off to a much better start - bubbling and all that good stuff after sitting overnight (instead of a day and half for the first one). Not to mention, I wasn't a bumbling boob on brew day!

Anyway, I'm mostly trying to work through most of my noob stuff on my own before going too crazy into anything else. And I'm trying to learn patience.... how do you guys do it? I had to brew a second batch of beer just so I could stop obsessing over my first batch. This is going to be an expensive hobby....

Welcome from just south in Janesville.

Get about 4-5 beers going and you'll be OK, if you have something to drink it help control the obsessing.

Welcome! I have my first brew coming up on three weeks in primary and I'm planning my first foray into AG this weekend. I drink beer to help not worry about the ones that aren't ready yet:)

Latest posts

Back