Monitor Top Refrigerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iceman52

Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my restored 1932 Monitor Top refrigerator I turned into a Kegerator after restoring it back to working condition. It keeps the beer a cold 36 deg. I have on tap A Bavarian Kolsch and an original Oktoberfest beer. On the third tap I will have a homemade root beer for the kids.
Just to kind throw this out there. Do you think there would be a market for something like this for a reasonable price.

IMG_0571.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0569 - Copy.JPG

The compressor worked fine but all the methyl formate leaked out because of a broken line. I had to install R-11 Freon into it because I could find not find no one to sell me methyl formate. It's on a watch list, go figure. I also had to remove the float needle seat and install a capillary tube. This frig. is built like a tank. It weighs about 250 lbs.

The compressor worked fine but all the methyl formate leaked out because of a broken line. I had to install R-11 Freon into it because I could find not find no one to sell me methyl formate. It's on a watch list, go figure. I also had to remove the float needle seat and install a capillary tube. This frig. is built like a tank. It weighs about 250 lbs.

Those old fridges are built like tanks. Had to pull one out of the basement of my grandfather's house that was probably from the 50's. It was by far the hardest thing we pulled out of there that day.

Looks great. Nice that you got it working also. I can't see a market, just because of the weight of it and upkeep of the monitor, but it is very cool. Picture the monitor top with the taps on it and a modern fridge components in it.:mug:

Back