Mmmm....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dorklord

Reaction score
I just opened a bomber of my 'witless' remake (I repeated my original recipe, minus adding too much top-off water).

100_0832s.jpg

This stuff tastes, at least, as good as it looks. It goes well with nachos. I can down it pretty easy. :rockin:

And when given to unsuspecting people, no one asks "what was this crap made out of?"

Also, my studies have shown that the bombers taste better.

6 lbs Sorghum Extract
1 lb Rice syrup solids
2 oz Strisselspalt, 60 minutes
1 oz coriander 10 minutes
1 oz bitter orange peel, 1 minute
Yeast: Safbrew T-58
4 oz maltodextrin

I did a 3 gallon boil and a late extract edition of the sorghum. I added the maltodextrin at bottling time, because I wasn't sure how much, if any, I would need. I used 6 oz of priming sugar, to give this a wheat-beer-like level of carbonation.

I'm also 75% sure I added a spoonful of molasses for color (I've done this with various batches if it looks to pale when I'm brewing). And the extract and hops were quite old (1 year) so I'm guessing the hops, at least, were a little lower AA than originally rated.

I just opened a bomber of my 'witless' remake (I repeated my original recipe, minus adding too much top-off water).

100_0832s.jpg

This stuff tastes, at least, as good as it looks. It goes well with nachos. I can down it pretty easy. :rockin:

And when given to unsuspecting people, no one asks "what was this crap made out of?"

Also, my studies have shown that the bombers taste better.

Looks awesome man!

Back