Mixing recipes and need advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobomilitia

Reaction score
So if any of you are familiar with the extreme brewing book by the guy from dogfish ale I was looking to make the A-Z brown ale that was in that book. My homebrew shop was short on ingredients so i am trying to hybrid the recipies between the two.

What he gave me was this:
- around a half pound of the crushed specialty grains and another half pound of some other grains that i now forget what it was but should be good for the recipie
- 2lbs of muntons light dried malt extract
-3.3lb of hopped amber liquid malt extract (muntons)
-1 pack of muntons dry ale yeast
-1oz cluster hop pellets
-1 oz uk first gold hop pellets

i also have another pack of safale us-05 dry ale yeast that i didnt end up using for another brew

i wanted to make a brown ale like the recipe from the book which was a maple brown sugar ale but am not particularly sure if i can pull that off with what ive got. i dont have to get a brown ale out of it, but i do want it to turn out good and was looking for some good advice. though i havent posted here before i have read and know you guys are awesome. thanks in advance.

oh and i cant quite figure out what kind of hops wer put into the liquid extract but the can says:
Typical anaylsis solids 80-82%
color 16-20
bitternes (probably only important part) 45-55
it also says it uses "the choicest english hops" so i assume its a blend of some cheap english hops

btw this would be the 5th or so batch ive done so im not a complete beginner but am by no means a pro. i usually do partial mash but one time i went for a super cheap all extract mexican beer

thanks again :mug: :tank:

Make sure you keep everything clean. The problem is - you're going to make great beer and you won't know what the recipe is to make it again.

RDWHAHB!

:)

Latest posts

Back