Mixed Drinks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found some older recipes for mixed drinks:

fuzzy.jpg

hattie.jpg

margie.jpg

marti.jpg

mary.jpg

Do you have a good bloody mary recipe?
My wife loves them, but we always buy a mix.

I usually buy one of the Mrs. Ts mixes and add salt, pepper, worchestershire sauce, hot sauce and a ton of green olives to that. I would imagine the same could be accomplished with tomato juice and larger quantities of what I add though.

I don't have my recipes with me, but:

Tanqueray Rangpur Lime gin and tonic, always in a tall glass

Made from scratch margaritas on the rocks

Jack and Coke

White Russian made with Bailey's rather than cream

Traditional Absinthe cocktail with sugar and water

Mint Julep with Maker's Mark

A few layered shots that I can't remember the names of now

Goldschlager in hot cocoa once a winter

my wife and I went down to Miami and came back Mojito lovers. It's really the only mixed drink I will order when I'm out.

tall skinny glass

1tsp white sugar
couple of mint leaves
muddle that together
add 2 lime wedges
muddle again
fill glass with ice
1.5 oz peach rum
1.5 oz triplesec
club soda to taste
stir and drink

We had a party where that was all we where drinking and I was making them by the pitcher.

Castillo Gold & Coke. May not be the classiest drink in the world, but it's practically a family tradition.

Reviving this for New Year...

I've been enjoying something I've been calling "F***ing Tasty" but it's probably been done before in one form or another.

Bourbon
Ginger Beer (Soda)
Orange Juice
Splash of Triple Sec

My go to is always a makers and ginger

But! In the swampy hot summers we have here in VA a Singapore Sling is also quite tasty. I haven't made them in years but here's what I remember being in it... I might have left out a liquor, It's been that long since I've made one.
Gin
Blackberry brandy
bitters
sour mix
grenadine
club soda
pineapple and orange slices for garnish
(I've been known to sub out the gin for some shine on occasion) :cross:

Anyone got a good, simple recipe that makes about 3 gallons to put in a keg for a weekend party? Preferably something without fruit pulp to foul the kegs.

My wife's favorite is a spin on a baybreeze. In a bar, we just order as a baybreeze, but substitute whipped vodka for regular.

Made at home, I make as following:

1 part each whipped vodka, OJ, pineapple juice, cranberry juice.

1/2 part triple sec.

Serve over ice, lime wedge if you wish. On the lake I premix this in a 1qt Nalgene bottle, and she just refills a tervis as needed.

Myself, if not drinking beer it is whisky on the rocks (water to suit my taste at the time), or occasionally mixed with ginger ale or 7 up.

Latest posts

Back