Mixed berry wine?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sttifyd35

Reaction score
Three of my favorite berries are blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. The thought of the three together in a wine sounds great. Anyone try it? If so, what was the sucess of it? Thank you.

I'm just finishing fermenting a mixed berry wine, I only make it every few years for a few friends, I use Strawberry, Raspberries, and blueberries, between 4-5 lbs of fruit per gallon, everyone raves about it.
Shoot me a private message and I'll reply with the recipe.

I d be very interested in the recipe. I have an allotment where all three are abundant!! Thanks in advance

No idea how to send a private message, any chance you can cut and paste into this thread?

Click on my name and a drop down menu will appear with several selections, you can select Send a private message, if not, I'd be happy to post the recipe.

@pumpkinman2012 could I also get your mixed berry wine recipe?

A good wild berry recipe that works all the time is 3lb fruit, 3 lb sugar per gal. Add yeast energizer, yeast nutreant, pectic enzyme per instructions. 71B is a very good yeast for berries. I have used 5lb of berries per gal. for a full bodied strong favored wine.
Mixed berry is one of my all time favorites.

Click on my name and a drop down menu will appear with several selections, you can select Send a private message, if not, I'd be happy to post the recipe.
I don’t have a private message in the box when I click on your name so do you know how I can get your mixed berry wine recipe?

I make a dessert wine from a mix of blackberry/raspberry. wild ferment. It is very good, and around 14%abv

6lb fruit (1/2 fresh, 1/2 frozen)
about 16 cups boiled water
40 oz honey
25oz sugar
aim for SG 27/28 BRIX
save 1pt+ for backsweetening

first 5-6 days in primary, then 60-90 days in secondary.
Ferment to dry, then stabilize and backsweeten with about 1 or 2 cups of saved must per gallon.

After 10-12 months this is really good stuff! It finishes at 13-14% abv

Latest posts

Back