Mishmash Recipe Creation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerspitnight

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents,
I have an upcoming solo brew date and I'm thinking of possibilities and looking for suggestions.
I'll have a ton of domestic pale malt available as well as a pound of c60 and a pound of chocolate malt.
I also have some fuggle, willamette and EKG available.
I should also have some washed 05 and 04 available.
I was leaning towards a old school Scottish ale with only the pale malt, 120+ min boil, English hops and yeast, maybe even go for later hop additions for a bit more aroma...
I would love some suggestions. Remember that I am in china and ingredients are limited.
I am also looking for a final boil volume of 5.5 gallons. My setup allows for 11.5g pre boil volume and I can generally get 20# of grain in the LT.
Thanks!

Obviously you can get 2-row in China. I'm sure you have an oven; they come from China. Given that, you can easily expand your selection of specialty grains: http://barleypopmaker.info/2009/12/08/home-roasting-your-malts/
You could do a porter or brown with the chocolate, c-60, willamette and either yeast, or a mild with the 04. An English bitter or IPA with the two-row, c-60 and some home-toasted malt would be great with the S-04, EKG and fuggles.

You could make a nice light refreshing APA in the mid fives ABV with what you have on hand:

10.0 lbs two-row
1.0 lbs crystal 60
1.0 oz EKG @ 60
1.0 oz Williamette @ 15
1.0 oz Fuggles @ 5
Safale S-05 yeast

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll be back in Beijing next week and ill sort out the particulars! Cheers.

Back