Minnesota Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the charity thing by the mall, right?

Yes. Cheers for Charity.

The beer list didn't end up too bad, IMO. No huge whalez, but TG is bringing DDH Sue and Zeelander, Forager is bringing good stuff, Sisyphus has their new NE style IPA and their sorta BA coffee stout, Town Hall with Mango Mama.

Plenty of stuff to drink, I guess is my point.

Yes. Cheers for Charity.

The beer list didn't end up too bad, IMO. No huge whalez, but TG is bringing DDH Sue and Zeelander, Forager is bringing good stuff, Sisyphus has their new NE style IPA and their sorta BA coffee stout, Town Hall with Mango Mama.

Plenty of stuff to drink, I guess is my point.

I only buy tickets to events with walez on the draft list. How can I sneer at all the casuals who like Excelsior otherwise?

We're in town for one night Tuesday July 5. Already planning on stopping by Surly and Town Hall. Any other can't miss spots?
Fairstate, dangerous man, indeed are all great. Only one night I'd do fairstate.

If you're doing town hall brewery you might as well stop at republic across the street. 100ish taps.

Not checking any bags :(
sad.gif

Soooooo, what does Mango Mama go for these days? I see Town Hall released some growlers on Friday.

Did mango mama used to be good and changed or has it always tasted like that? I've had it twice now this year and I find it nearly undrinkable. I don't understand the appeal, at all.

Did mango mama used to be good and changed or has it always tasted like that? I've had it twice now this year and I find it nearly undrinkable. I don't understand the appeal, at all.
Haven't tried this batch but from my experience it's basically a fruit beer. Tastes like mango juice. Not real sense that it used to be an IPA

Haven't tried this batch but from my experience it's basically a fruit beer. Tastes like mango juice. Not real sense that it used to be an IPA

Yeah, it tasted like bitter mango. No real IPA flavor. Was just wondering why people scoop that **** up so quickly. Not a fan at all.

This thread seems pretty dead, but I figured that I would ask here. I'll be visiting some family in MN for the first time in over ten years. Well, I'm really going there to drink, but seeing family there is cool.

I'm looking for some cool watering holes (beer and liquor) in the Minneapolis area, as well as interesting eating spots I should hit up.

I have this list so far:
  • Psycho Suzi's
  • Lawless Distilling
  • Parlour
  • Tiki Tim's Grill
  • Eat Street Social
  • Red Cow
  • Surly
  • Dangerous Man
  • Butcher and the Boar
  • Town Hall
  • George and Dragon
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • The Lowery

This thread seems pretty dead, but I figured that I would ask here. I'll be visiting some family in MN for the first time in over ten years. Well, I'm really going there to drink, but seeing family there is cool.

I'm looking for some cool watering holes (beer and liquor) in the Minneapolis area, as well as interesting eating spots I should hit up.

I have this list so far:
  • Psycho Suzi's
  • Lawless Distilling
  • Parlour
  • Tiki Tim's Grill
  • Eat Street Social
  • Red Cow
  • Surly
  • Dangerous Man
  • Butcher and the Boar
  • Town Hall
  • George and Dragon
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • The Lowery
Indeed is worth a visit, too

I have this list so far:
  • Psycho Suzi's
  • Lawless Distilling
  • Parlour
  • Tiki Tim's Grill
  • Eat Street Social
  • Red Cow
  • Surly
  • Dangerous Man
  • Butcher and the Boar
  • Town Hall
  • George and Dragon
  • Hell's Kitchen
  • The Lowery
Skip psycho suzi's unless you're set on it. Food is fine, drinks are fine, service is meh, good atmosphere.

Butcher and the boar is great.

Aside from what you have listed:

Liquor stores:
Zipps
Lake Wine and Spirits
South Lyndale
Stinson Wine and Spirits
Elevated
France 44

Beer bars:
Happy Gnome
Grizzlys (Plymouth)
Ansaris (Eagan)
RePublic
Happy Gnome
Dark Horse

Breweries (NE Minneapolis breweries are all close):
BlackStack (just opened, starting pretty well)
Fairstate (NE)
Indeed (NE)
Dangerous Man (NE)
Fulton
Modist (only if you do Fulton as well)

Food:
If you're willing to venture to a suburb Trevail has amazing food and Wicked Wort brewing is across the street (which is hit or miss).
You need tickets ahead of time for trevail but it's wonderful.

PM me if you need any help gathering beers or want to grab a drink. There are 3 or 4 out state breweries (like 2-3 hours away) that I might be able get crowlers/cans from ahead of time.

Well timed bump for this thread, was just going to start preliminary research ahead of coming out for the National Homebrewers Conference in June.

Back