Minnesota Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he said he’d be up for buying something to bring back home. We convinced him to hit Surly and Dangerous Man and then he’s gonna work his way back to Edina.

He gets in around 4pm and only has the evening.
If he’s going to DM there are a ton of other breweries in that area as well, especially fairstate which does everything well. They have a solid sour program and a great hefe and pils (head brewer was at live oak and you can tell).

Liquor stores I’d suggest France 44 or South Lyndale. France 44 is near Edina but has a better selection than any Edina shop does and South Lyndale is about 5 minutes from Wild Mind and has a great selection.

If he’s going to DM there are a ton of other breweries in that area as well, especially fairstate which does everything well. They have a solid sour program and a great hefe and pils (head brewer was at live oak and you can tell).

Liquor stores I’d suggest France 44 or South Lyndale. France 44 is near Edina but has a better selection than any Edina shop does and South Lyndale is about 5 minutes from Wild Mind and has a great selection.

Thanks! I've bought things from France 44 in the past, didn't know they had a brick and mortar site. Anything he should keep an eye out for in particular?

Thanks! I've bought things from France 44 in the past, didn't know they had a brick and mortar site. Anything he should keep an eye out for in particular?
Fairstate Hefe & Pils (Keller Kazbek is a great Keller pils)
Blackstack IPAs are usually solid
Drekker IPAs
Schells berliners
Junkyard stuff
Omni FAD

Minnesotaryan Fingolfin Moondog wanna help me out?

How's Surly Wet this year? Always fun to see what people outside the PNW are doing with fresh hop beers.

source.gif

What's the hot **** on the scene these days? Gonna be there for a bachelor party this weekend and we are staying at an airbnb in Northeast. Will probably be degenerates at dives most of the time, but there is some leeway. Also planning on being at Minnetonka (maybe Excelsior?) one of the days.

In past visits I've hit Modist, Wild Mind, Barrel Theory, Steel Toe, Dangerous Man, Indeed, (old) Surly, and Town Hall.

What's the hot **** on the scene these days? Gonna be there for a bachelor party this weekend and we are staying at an airbnb in Northeast. Will probably be degenerates at dives most of the time, but there is some leeway. Also planning on being at Minnetonka (maybe Excelsior?) one of the days.

In past visits I've hit Modist, Wild Mind, Barrel Theory, Steel Toe, Dangerous Man, Indeed, (old) Surly, and Town Hall.
Black stack is the move.

Blackstack, Fairstate are must hits beyond what you’ve already tried. Most of the breweries you’ve done before are worth a retread as well, especially barrel theory. Skip indeed.
If you’re going to Minnetonka skip excelsior and go to Back Channel if convenient enough. Grizzly’s is a great beer spot on your way out there as well (depending on route).

Other breweries to give a shot:
Utelpils (German)
Waldmann (German)
Fulton

Dive bars in NE:
Vegas
U Otter Stop Inn
331 club

Let me know if you want any recommendations.

If you’re going to Minnetonka skip excelsior and go to Back Channel if convenient enough. Grizzly’s is a great beer spot on your way out there as well (depending on route).

Didn't realize there was an Excelsior Brewing Co....I was just throwing that out there bc I think that's where someone in the party has a house/knows someone with a house. But good to know there is a decent option off the lake....and thanks for the other recs! I've done some dive crawls there with the groom and 331 has definitely been ticked but would return. So many to choose from.

Didn't realize there was an Excelsior Brewing Co....I was just throwing that out there bc I think that's where someone in the party has a house/knows someone with a house. But good to know there is a decent option off the lake....and thanks for the other recs! I've done some dive crawls there with the groom and 331 has definitely been ticked but would return. So many to choose from.
How was the trip?

Back