mini mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbrewr4fun

Reaction score
Could someone point me in the direction of some decent instructions on how to perform a partial mash? I have not found anything worthwhile on the internet yet, and howtobrew.com does not delve very deep into the subject.

Thanks.

Could someone point me in the direction of some decent instructions on how to perform a partial mash? I have not found anything worthwhile on the internet yet, and howtobrew.com does not delve very deep into the subject.

Thanks.

There are many ways to do a mini-mash. At its most basic (when mini-mashing in the kettle with a large grain bag), the procedure is very similar to steeping grains, he only changes being the time involved (usually 45 minutes or so) and a more tightly controlled temperature (usually high 140s to mid-150s). It's not difficult at all, and the procedure is quite forgiving to small mistakes.

Back