Mini Kegerator build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixDemonBag

Reaction score
So after plenty of research and plenty of procrastination, I've put together a one keg/one tap kegerator.

I went with a fairly inexpensive, slim fit, thermoelectric bar fridge. I was a bit worried about it getting cold enough but its perfect (more on this later).

It fits a 3 Gal keg, co2 bottle, and a few small and large beer bottles in the door and on the rack.

The tower is insulated with roof insulation and i have copper piping running all the way up the tower. This leads down to a T, and has a further 2 feet of copper running into the fridge.

I've also added a small fan to help the circulation. It's running on a timer and cycles every 30 mins. It's running of an old 12v adapter.

Initially, the temps ran at 0 celcius (32f) at the bottom and 5c (41f) at the top at its lowest setting. But after running the fan it's settled at 0-2c (32-36). This is in our summer down here too.

I've only just kegged my first beer (an ipa!) so I haven't poured anything yet besides pbw…

Going to try keg hopping for the first time.

Nice build. I have a thermoelectric wine fridge for my wife. I believe they use a lot of energy, but they keep a very steady temperature and the built in fan should make the temp even throughout. Standard refrigerators cycle on and off and have warm/cool spots inside.

Back