Mini fridge with freezer question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomofett

Reaction score
Hi, mainly for people with a temp controlled mini-fridge.
I got a temp controller and I want to start using it, but I need to figure out my mini-fridges situation (one for food, one for beer, and now I need a third one... Maybe?)
The mini-fridge I have has a bottom pull out freezer, when I temp control the fridge at 55 let's say, does the freezer part stay cooler or does that just vary a lot? I imagine that normally if it gets above 55 the fridge turns on and so does the freezer so the freezer would get cooler than 55. But if it's 45 outside the fridge would never turn on and everything would equalize to 45ish, correct?

I'm just trying to figure where to store what before I buy anything. Note; I live in a small apt. in Japan, so I can't get one big fridge and mini fridges aren't found cheaply on Craigslist like back home.

Thanks for the help!

You can get a wine fridge. They don't have the freezer part and some have the temp controller built in it .

Thanks but those are even rarer and more expensive here. 4-700$ is a bit above my range :)

Anyone? I know you may think it's a silly question but someone reading this has to have a temp controlled mini fridge, right?

Back