mini fridge kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHALEY57

Reaction score
i just bought an igloo 3.2 cf mini fridge, and want to get into kegging. couldn't pass this one up due to price. has anyone been able to fit a single corny keg into this modeal, and if so what alterations were required?
worst case, i at least have a mini fridge full of cold bottles if a corny cannot be fit into this model.:mug:

What ended up happening with the igloo 3.2 mini fridge? Could you fit a keg or two? I'm looking at one to use for fermentation on a 6.5 gallon carboy, do you know if one can fit in there? It's a great price on this.

pass it up. it quit after eight days. went to get a couple of bottle of brew out, they were hot....
i went to best buy and got a frigidaire 4.4 cf to replace it, holds tons more beer, and is working well, spent about 180 plus tax for the fridge.
after i make sure it runs more than a couple of weeks, i will take the freezer compartment out to creat a bit more room.
i don't think you would be able to fit a 6.5 gallon carboy in either one, with the compressor bump outs and such, not a lot of room for that kind of thing.

What I have noticed on mini fridges, is the difference between the 3.2 and the 4.4 is the width, not the height. Unless you get a 4.d without a built in freezer, it is going to take so modifications to fit a 5 gallon corny or 2 in it, and even those will require the inner door to be worked on. I have almost given up on these and am looking for craigs list commercial kegerators I can modify into a 3 tapper.

Back