mini fridge - is this possible?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekjohns

Reaction score
i was looking at either getting a mini fridge or a 5.0 cu ft chest freezer to make a kegerator. I would like to have something as small as possible that i can fit 2 corny kegs and a 5 lb tank all internaly. It will be in an open living room and i would like it to look very clean (aka not a bunch of parts sticking out). I would really like to do a mini fridge but can you fit 2 kegs and a co2 in there? or do i have to go with a larger chest freezer. Also i dont want to add a cuff or anything like that and it will have a 2 tap tower on top

You can fit 2 kegs in a mini fridge as long as it doesn't have a freezer compartment on the top. Some people bend the freezers out of the way but if you make a mistake then the fridge is ruined. Look for a Sanyo 4912. There is lots of info on converting these fridges.

I think I've seen threads were people have 2 kegs AND the CO2 within a mini fridge. Yeah search for the 4912 as I think this is where I have seen it.

Looks possible. g'luck and take some pictures when you make it!

You may want to use a paintball tank instead of a 5# CO2 tank... it'd save a little room for some other beers.

Latest posts

Back