Mini fridge help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

317BREW

Reaction score
image-2039400479.jpg

So I finally got an old mini fridge. The keg fits fine but the temp is too cold I think. On the minimum setting the temp is around 38* is this too cold. Any help would be great.

Search on eBay aquarium temperature controller. You'll find more than you ever wanted to know about controlling refrigerator temps. Johnson Controls also makes a popular controller.

So I finally got an old mini fridge. The keg fits fine but the temp is too cold I think. On the minimum setting the temp is around 38* is this too cold. Any help would be great.

Wait - is the "minimum" setting supposed to be the coldest setting? Or the warmest setting? I'd have guessed the former - in which case you just turn the thermostat higher.

Anyway, 38°F is not too cold at all. I run my keezer set for 34° with a 1° differential...

Cheers!

By minimum I meant the warmest setting. Thanks for your help I was worried I was going to have frozen beer.

Back