Mini-fridge for one corny and one 1/6 barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wtcnbrwndo4u

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm looking to find the best mini-fridge that'll fit one ball-lock corny (8.5") and one 1/6 barrel (9.25"), and a 5LB CO2 tank on the hump. I'm not against modification to the walls, though as little as possible would be nice. I'd prefer a mini fridge because of space issues. I know getting a chest freezer would be easier.

There's this Igloo FR464 at Walmart for $120 right now, and it appears it for sure fits two ball-locks, but I want the ability to have one commercial keg too. I found this build where the guy heavily modified this fridge (he cut out 3/4" on both sides!). Seems like a lot of work, but again, not against at least doing that to one side.

Anyone have a mini fridge that didn't require this much modification? Ideally, a price point <$200 would be nice.

Let me know and thanks ahead of time!

I know you said you wanted to be < 200 but if you really want one that will for sure fit a ball lock and 1/6 keg, go with the Danby DAR044A5BSLDD.

I got mine off amazon $229 but looks like the price might be down to $202. Only modification I had to do was cut the shelf holder off the door. I did it with an oscillating dremel and it went through like butter. Took me probably 20 minutes total. Once you do that it will fit a homebrew keg and 1/6 keg perfectly. I also have a 5lb co2 tank on the hump.

link to fridge

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O2MB7BS/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

link to dremel

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JGB09VE/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also looking for something like this, What about a keezer? Are there any that are extremely small and would fit this description?

Back