Mini Fridge for Keg build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakead

Reaction score
Is 4.3 cu big enough? Found one on craigslist for $60. Looks pretty good. Only info is it is a GE and it is 4.3 cu.

a corny keg is about 25" high and about 8" in diameter. Those fridges have a ledge in the bottom where the compressor sits. Just ask the seller the measurements of the bottom and the height in it. remember you gotta fit a co2 tank in there too. I know there's ways around that but you might not wanna cut any holes in the sides of it (wires, refrigerant lines, etc.). That is a small dorm fridge. It's probably not more than 30" high. you just gotta worry about that ledge in the back. I'd personally go with a bigger one.

a corny keg is about 25" high and about 8" in diameter. Those fridges have a ledge in the bottom where the compressor sits. Just ask the seller the measurements of the bottom and the height in it. remember you gotta fit a co2 tank in there too. I know there's ways around that but you might not wanna cut any holes in the sides of it (wires, refrigerant lines, etc.). That is a small dorm fridge. It's probably not more than 30" high. you just gotta worry about that ledge in the back. I'd personally go with a bigger one.

Plus the QDs stick up anothe 1-2" including for the hose so thats about 27" to squeeze it in there

I want to say the GE ones won't work unless you bend the freezer section against the back wall. And thats taking a risk. Ive been following craigslist for months trying to find a Frigidaire FRC445 and all I see are those GE models.

Back