Mindless Mumbling #1 (TPH)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinpanharry

Reaction score
So its been a great evening...beerwise and otherwise...and I noted something between the second-to-last.. and the last beer. :mug:

First of all, I just used the word "beerwise" without evening a hyphen (beer-wise). And unless you are as weird as me you won't understand what I just said.

How is that for mindless mumbling.

The things that I noted between the second-to-last and the last beer are
1) that as the beer gets lighter, its easier to buy than it is to make and tastes like less and less and
2) that as the beer style gradually gets darker, it gets harder to buy (more expensive), better quality to make at home and tastes better .....cold AND ...when it's warmer.

Today's agenda while brewing 5 gals Oatmeal Stout Partial Mash (about 2 hours).....
Murphys Oatmeal Stout (to honor the style of the day):tank:
Milwaukees Best Ice
Homebrew Amber Light
Homebrew American Brown :rockin:
Homebrew Irish Red
Milwaukees Best Light

Now I'm sounding like a commercial for homebrew. BUT.. I'm not a beer snob and M makes consistent quality light beers, like any in the BMC crowd. That's how we get to know those initials.

Thanks,
TPH

Bottled:
Laudrytub Lager
Irish Red
Vanilla Bourbon Stout
American Pilsner
Pumpkin Ale
Sweet Saison
Amber Light
Apple Cider
AppleJack