Miller Lite Commercial

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the Miller Lite commercial where they state, "Brewed for 21 days"? Aren't most beers brewed for that length of time or more?

Some professionally brewed beers are done faster, and some longer. It's just another example of a commercial stating the obvious for uninformed consumers.

Yep, pretty par for the course. Triple hopped, cold brewed (even though they probably mean cold fermented), etc are all basic things that are done anyway, but saying it in a commercial sounds impressive.

I left my last two lagers in the primary for 21 days before racking and lagering. Fermentation had definitely slowed after 6 days. I was going to let it sit for another week for a diacetyl rest. It ended up being two weeks because I got sick.

I let it lager for 3.5 weeks, so 48 days total. Could have been 41 days.

So, here's the question: does "brewed 21 days" mean fermented or fermented and lagered?

Fermented 21 days seems long. Fermented and lagered 21 days seems short but wouldn't surprise me for a tasteless and heavily filtered beer.

If I'm doing an ale, it's done fermenting in 7 - 10 days. I usually wait until the next weekend to bottle. So, it would be 14 days brewed.

I've read that Bud goes from grain to glass in 28 days so 21 doesn't seem off track for the entire process.

Back